Chapter 50

The flash of white light disappears and is replaced with a yellow glow as they pull way from one another.

Rhi opens her eyes to see Loki, back in his Asgardian form, and the infinity gauntlet now gone.

"Where are we?" She asks, as they look around the yellow space they were now in.

"I'm not sure." Loki answers

"You're inside the mind stone." Says a voice of unknown origin.

Loki and Rhi try to conjure their knives but are unsuccessful.

"That won't work here." The voice speaks again.

"Why not! Show yourself!" Loki calls out as he stands in front of Rhi defensively.

"Calm down." The voice says as a figure appears before them. "As I said, you're inside the mind stone.
I brought you here."

"Why?" Rhi asks as she steps out from behind Loki

"A few reasons. To start off, I wanted to thank you for your help. Thanos threatened my safety, along with the balance and integrity of the universe. I needed you two to help me stop him."

"So you used us!" Loki states more questions.

"I like to think of it more as...recruited."

"Try forced." Rhi spits

"I didn't force you to do anything. I merely...gave you the tools. You, came to the conclusions all on your own."

Loki charges at the being in anger, but just goes through it, causing him to fall.

"You said there was another reason for being us here?" Rhi says as she helps Loki up.

"Ah yes. Since the 2014 version of Thanos has been eliminated, thanks to the two of you, the original snap will never happen."

"So another branch has formed then?" Loki asks.

"Branch?" Rhi questions

"I'll explain later." Loki answers

"Another branch hasn't formed, however the timeline has been altered."

"How is something like this even possible?" Loki asks

"I'm a powerful cosmic entity. My power knows no bounds."