Chapter 11

Loki pops his head up to look up at Rhi with wide eyes. She sees Loki's glowing yellow eyes fading back to his normal green. When she notices Tony standing by the elevator, awkwardly trying to look anywhere but her and Loki, she quickly grabs his head and pushes it back into her chest to hide his face and hopes he didn't spot Loki or her yellow eyes.

"Dad!? What are you doing here!?"

"You uh...left your phone down in the lab and, I wanted to talk to you about something real quick."

"Oh...uh, thanks. Can you..."

"Hmm? Right, I'll just..." Tony turns around to give them some privacy so they can compose themselves real quick as Loki places her back down on the ground.

"Quick! Change back into Logan before he turns back around."

"Do you think he saw my face?"

"If he did, he would already be going after you in his Iron Man suit."

When she's done composing herself, she remembers her shirt is currently torn to shreds and crosses her arms over her chest in an attempt to cover up.

Loki notices and takes off his suit jacket and places it over her shoulders. She smiles at him thankful for the gesture. Once they're done they walk over to Tony.

"You know. When I said you kids should have fun, this isn't exactly what I had in mind." Rhi and Loki both nervously laugh.

"So, what did you wanna talk about?"

"I was hoping I could talk to you... alone." He looks over at Loki.

"Oh. Do you mind?" Loki nods his head and walks out onto the balcony.

Tony's face gets serious. "I wanted to talk to you about Logan."

"Oh?"

"Yeah. I don't think he is who he says he is."

She starts getting nervous. "What do you mean? I thought everything looked fine when you did the background check."

"It does...a little too good."

"What do you mean?"

"It's just really detailed. Most people don't have a background as detailed as this, unless they have something to hide or work for some type of government agency."

"I can assure you, he doesn't."

"Can you really though? I mean how much do you really know about this guy?"

"Honestly, not much. But I know he wouldn't do anything to hurt me. At least...not intentionally."

"Rhiannon..."

"Dad, I'll be fine. Trust me."

"Fine. But if he hurts you, I'll kill him."

"I'd expect nothing less." She gives him a hug and he walks towards the elevator to head back to the lab.

Just before the elevator doors close he shouts, "Oh, and don't forget to use protection."

"Dad!"

I can't believe he just said that.

Rhi walks towards the balcony to talk with Loki. As she approaches she can hear him humming to himself so she stands there for a moment just listening but when he notices her there he stops.