Chapter 14

* 2 years later*

"Miss Rhiannon. The Avengers have landed and are back from their mission."

"Thanks, J. Let Dad know I'll met him in the lab."

"Very well, Miss."

Rhi logs off her computer and heads up to the lab from the library.

Last year, S.H.I.E.L.D. was compromised, and had seemingly been shut down, after it was discovered that they were infiltrated by a terrorist organization known as, Hydra. In the aftermath, Loki's scepter had gone missing until the team was able to track it down in a place called, Sokovia.

As she approaches the lab, she sees her Dad and Bruce looking over the scepter and doing some data entry.

"Hey guys. I see the mission was successful."
She looked over at Bruce, who looked like something was bothering him. "Did something happen?"

Tony speaks up. "We uh, had an...unexpected encounter. Clint was injured."

"Oh my god! Is he going to be ok?"

Bruce speaks up this time. "Yeah, he should be able to make a full recovery. Dr Cho's medical tech is going to patch him up back to normal."

"If it weren't for the big green guy, it would've been a lot worse." Tony says as he slaps Bruce on the back causing Bruce shrinks into himself.

Rhi walks over and places her hand on his should for comfort but to also discreetly use her magic to ease his mind.

Rhiannon...

And then she sees it...Loki's scepter.

The last time she saw it, was when Loki tried to use it to take over her mind

The last time she saw it, was when Loki tried to use it to take over her mind. Lucky for her, she had a hidden magic that was unlocked, that blocked the scepters powers that also revealed she was half elf.

Tony noticed Rhi looking and starts to talk about what they've discovered about the scepter so far.

But his voice sounds like it's underwater, as she gets lost in a trance. The scepter pulling at her, practically begging her to touch it. She starts to slowly walk towards it. As she gets closer, she starts to get images of her and...Loki?

He had her backed against a wall, scepter pointing at her chest...

"Are you even listening?"

A yellow stone burst out of the scepter and blasts the both of them...

"Earth to Rhi!"

Loki softly caresses her face.

"Rhiannon?" Tony grabs her shoulder right before she's about to touch the scepter.

"Huh?"

Tony looks over her with concern. "You ok?"

She feels a slight headache starting to form so she grabs the side of her head. "Yeah...I think so."