Chapter 2

As Loki continues to walk towards me, I turn to start running but trip and...

*THUD*

"Ow..."

Rhi wakes up on the floor in a cold sweat. She looks around to see that she is still in her room at Stark Tower and gets up to make her way over to the bathroom. She looks up to the mirror with her blue eyes to see that her normally thick, wavy brown hair was now frizzy and matted with sweat.

That's the second time this week I've had a dream that felt so real. And why are they centered around Loki? I've never even met the guy before and now I'm dreaming about him.

After splashing some cold water on her face and brushing out her hair, she heads back into her room to check the time to see that it was already 6 in the morning.

Since she had to work earlier that day, Rhi ended up not making her way over to the tower until very late in the evening and had gone straight to bed once she got settled in. She was still very much exhausted, but, after that dream, sleep wasn't going to happen. So, she reluctantly makes her way down to the kitchen to brew up some coffee.

"Hey J.A.R.V.I.S., how's Tony? Is everything going ok in Germany?"

"I'm sorry Miss Fairweather, but Tony has informed me not to disclose the details of this mission with you."

Hmm, that's weird.

"Ok, can you send him a message to give me a call when he can?"

"That, I can do."

Rhi does a mock salute towards the ceiling at Tony's A.I. program. "Thanks, J."

She decides to take her coffee, breakfast, and book out to the balcony to enjoy the view of the city and watch the sunrise. Once she's done eating and has read a few chapters in her book, Rhi heads inside to change so she can get a quick workout in.

Her apartment only has a tiny shower, so after her workout Rhi decides to take advantage of the huge tub in her bathroom. She goes ahead and fills the tub with water as hot as her skin can take along with some salts and oils. Right before she gets in, she dims the lights, turns on some relaxing classical music, and put her phone on "do not disturb" mode.

*  *  *

Why is it so bright in here?

I slowly open my eyes, and find myself laying down on a metal bench in some kind of cell. Remembering my previous dreams, and the fact that I was just in a bathtub, I quickly sit up in an attempt to cover myself up. Thankfully, and to my surprise, I was somehow already wearing a white nightgown with a robe.

 Thankfully, and to my surprise, I was somehow already wearing a white nightgown with a robe

"You're welcome." I glance up at the voice, to see Loki, who was standing on the other side of the cell, gesture at my nightgown.