Chapter 8

Rhi woke up early the next morning and could still feel that Loki was nearby. She walked over to his room and quietly opened the door to peak in on him, but he wasn't in the bed. So she walked around the apartment to find him. After a little bit of searching, she finds him on the balcony looking over the city. Before walking out to join him, she decides to make herself some coffee and him a cup of tea.

"Morning."

Loki stays silent deep in thought looking over the city.

"I made you some tea." He still doesn't answer so she nudges his arm lightly with her elbow. "Loki?"

He snaps out of his thoughts and lightly smiles at her.  "Thank you."

"It's mint with a little bit of honey. I wasn't sure how you liked it so I guessed."

He takes a sip to test it and hums. "It's good."

She smiles back and notices his eyes look tired and he has dark bags under his eyes. 

"Couldn't sleep?"

He shakes his head and turns back to over look the city. A light breeze blows causing Rhiannon to shiver slightly. Loki waves his hand and makes a green blanket appears around her.

"Thank you."

Loki smiles and nods his head.

"Aren't you cold?" She says as she looks up at Loki.

"I don't really, get cold."

Rhi wasn't quite sure what he meant by that but, as he turned his attention back towards the city, she finally noticed that he wasn't wearing a shirt and couldn't help checking him out.

He didn't have large muscles, but his body was still very toned. His untidy hair gently flowed with the morning breeze as the rising sun outlined his sharp jaw. Rhi looked back up to his eyes that were focused out on the city as he was lost deep in his thoughts.

She wanted to ask him what he was thinking about and to find out more about the other party involved in the invasion last year

She wanted to ask him what he was thinking about and to find out more about the other party involved in the invasion last year. But, she also didn't want Loki to shutdown and push her away like he did last night. She needed to figure out a way to get Loki to open up to her. But how?

"Didn't your mother ever teach you that it's rude to stare?" He says without taking his eyes off the city.

"What?" Rhi gets pulled out of her thoughts, blushes, and looks away at being caught.Bit them chuckles at the memory of her using that line on him.

"It quite alright, as a God, I tend to have that effect on people."

She looks back up to see him smirking so she reaches up to playfully tug on his ear.

"Ow! What did you do that for!"

"Seeing if I could deflate that big head of yours."

"You're quite infuriating you know that, right?"