Chapter 22

Now on the ground, the team was working on getting all the civilians out of the city as fast as they could.

However before the could get everyone out, Ultron sends out his robot army to attack causing the citizens to panic.

Wanda and Rhi use their magic to throw up shields to protect the people from the in coming gunfire as Loki stays hidden in Rhi's sleeve, secretly throwing up shields around Rhi to keep her protected.

Suddenly, they feel the city rumble as it starts to float into the air.

Ultron appears in the sky and speaks his plan through his army to make sure everyone can hear him.

"Do you see, the beauty of it? The inevitability? You rise, only to fall

"Do you see, the beauty of it? The inevitability? You rise, only to fall. You Avengers, you are my meteor. My swift and terrible sword, and the Earth will crack with the weight of your failure. Purge me from your computers, turn my own flesh against me. It means nothing. When the dust settles, the only thing living in this world, will be metal."

After Ultron is done with his speech, Steve gives out orders through the coms, as the team continues to fight.

"Stark, you worry about bringing the city back down safely. The rest of us have one job, tear these things apart. You get hurt, you hurt them back. You get killed...walk it off."

"One can't exactly "walk it off" if they are dead."

"You know that's not what he meant."

Another wave of Ultron's robot army come up from out of the ground, so the teams splits up into groups to take them out. Nat and Steve stay along the city edge near the bridge. Pietro, Wanda, and Clint go to one side of the city to look for citizens still trapped in the city, while Rhi goes in the opposite direction.

"I don't think it's wise for you to go off by yourself."

"I'm not alone silly, I have you. Did you really think I wouldn't notice the shields you've been throwing up to help me?"

Rhi uses her magic to scan some the buildings to make sure there were no people still inside.

"This isn't safe. You need to get off this rock before it gets too high up."

"You know, we could all get off this rock a lot faster, if you would just transform back to yourself and help."

"I don't think that would be wise."

"Then you have two options: keep worrying about my safety or help."

"Fine." Loki transforms back into himself and starts using his magic to help Rhi with checking the buildings. "But only because you insist on helping these people."

"These people are innocent and if I can help it, I'm not going to let them suffer the consequences of my dad's careless experimentation!"

Loki uses his magic to change into his armor as they spot another wave of robots coming towards them.