Chapter 19

She looks back over at Loki, who looks at her with panicked eyes as they watch the Quinjet land and quickly teleport back into Loki's cell.

"Do you think they saw?" Loki asks.

"I don't hear any alarms going off, so we might be okay."

Loki reaches for the cuff and hand it to Rhi. "We should probably get this back on."

She smiles. "No."

"Really?"

"You earned it. But...for the sake of everyone else, use an illusion to make it look like you have it on." Loki surrounds his wrist in a green shimmer and an illusion of the cuff takes its place.

"I should head up to meet them before they get suspicious."

"Wait." Loki grabs her hand but quickly let's go. "Thank you."

She nods and says, "See you later, mischief." before teleporting out of the cell and back to the Avengers' floor to greet the team.

As she makes her way into the lab, she finds Clint on top of a crate of some kind, while Bruce and Tony are looking over some data.

"Anything from Nat?" She hears Bruce say as she walks in.

Tony responds. "I haven't. But she's alive, or Ultron would be rubbing our faces in it."

Rhi panics. "What happened to Nat!?"

Clint hops off the crate and walks over to her. "Ultron took her. We're not sure where, just yet."

"Well, what can we do? Anything I can help with?"

Clint thinks to himself  for a moment. "Can you use your magic to find her?"

"I've never done anything like that before...but I can give it a shot."

Tony walks over. "Any chance Natasha might leave you a message, outside the internet? You know, old school spy stuff."

"There are some nets I can cast." Clint says as he starts walking away.

Tony places a comforting hand on Rhi's shoulder. "She'll be fine."

"I know, but-"

Tony cuts her off. "What happened to your tracker?"

Rhi starts to get nervous "Oh...um...it...uh...broke off while I was experimenting with my magic."

Tony eyes her suspiciously. "That's one of the biggest loads of crap I've ever heard." He then grabs his tablet and checks the camera feed to Loki's cell. He surprised to see Loki still in his cell with his magic blocking cuff on. Rhi nervously smiles when he looks back up at her.

"You went down to see him again, didn't you?"

"Maybe..."

Tony gives her a disappointed look. "Rhiannon, I swear..."

"You never did say that I couldn't see him." She points out.

He huffs and pinches the bridge of his nose in frustration. "Once this mess with Ultron is over, we're going to have a discussion at length about all of this."

Rhi nods her head again and then goes to her room so she can have a quiet place to focus. She then lays down on her bed and tries to focus on Nat's energy but has no luck.

"Dammit."

"I can feel your frustration from all the way down there."

Rhi quickly sits up and is surprised to see Loki standing in her room.