Chapter 8

Ariana's pov.

I stood with Matthew at the adoption agency waiting for the lady to bring Cate to us.

I was nervous to see her, knowing she only remembered what short time we had with her, I can only imagine what the family that is losing her is feeling.

No less than five minutes later a bouncy haired four year old came running towards us and Matt and I instinctively bent down to hug her.

"Mommy, daddy" she whispered against us.

I felt my eyes watering and Matt looked touched.

"We've missed you baby" Matthew said.

"The papers all seem to be in order, so you guys can take her home now."

"Thank you so much" I said shaking her hand.

Matthew set her down and he took her hand and we walked together to Matt's car.

I buckled Cate in and I sat with Matt up front and we drove back to his place.

"Where's Nicki?" He asked.

"Currently with Nash, Troye is bringing her with him when he comes here tomorrow."

"So I was thinking you could come stay with Montana and I until Nash finishes his movie." He said.

"That's not a bad idea, I can go to my house and grab everything I need, then I'll be over." I said.

Matt nodded. He dropped me off at my house and I went inside, starting to pack stuff I would need for about two or three weeks, because That's how long Nash would be gone for.

I drove my car over to their place and I saw another car I the driveway.

I raised a brow to myself, bringing in my stuff.

I saw Hayes and Dina on the couch, getting excited and running to hug each of them. Dina was one of my first friends back home, minus Nash.

"I've missed you guys!" I said.

"We missed you too idiot, when's my niece getting here?" Hayes asked.

"Troye is bringing her her tomorrow. They land at around two pm." I replied.

"Hey bitch" Montana said wobbling into the living room. Her stomach has gotten to the point where she is showing quite a lot.

"Sup whore" I replied.

"Grown ass women, both married, slut shaming each other as a greeting. My girls" Matt said hugging our shoulders.

I laughed and Cate came into the room carrying a stuffed rabbit.

"Hi mommy, daddy, Monty, Hayes, Dina" she said.

We all greeted her in unison which I found creepy.

"I'm surprised she remembered me" Hayes said.

"So am I" she replied.

For a four year old, she's really smart.

---

We all caught up with each other over some drinks, non alcoholic of course, since Cate was here.

Speaking of Cate, she was starting to yawn and rub her eyes.

"You tired?" I asked her, to which she nodded.

"Cmon, I'll take you up to bed." I said picking her up.

I took her into the guest room where I was sleeping. I helped her get ready for bed and she brushed her teeth, getting into the bed.

"Mommy, will I like my new sister?" She asked me.

"Of course you will, she's two years old, and she looks like her dad. You got your dads looks." I said.

"Why is daddy married to Montana?" She asked me.

"Because he loves her, and I love Nash, your stepdad." I answered her.

"So you and daddy don't love each other?" She asked.

"We do sweetie, we just love each other a different way." I said.

"Okay mommy, goodnight." She said turning on her side.

"Goodnight baby" I said leaving the room.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~

Sorry for the short chapters and slow updates I feel like I lost a lot of my audience and it's not as motivating as it used to be. Please leave suggestions for what I should write about next.

Another thing, I'm writing a story that I'm super proud of and will be posting it very soon, it's a Kian Lawley story and it's called Exhilarate.

~Montana