𝕋𝕙𝕣𝕖𝕖

Mara was sitting in the back of Weems' car waiting for the woman to come back with her headphones on while she stared out of the window. The brunette looked up as the car door opened and Wednesday sat down in the seat beside her.

Mara waved slightly and mumbled a greeting to the ravenette before turning to stare out of the window again. Mara turned her music up and absentmindedly started picking and pinching at the skin on the back of her hands.

Wednesday looked over at the girl and, seeing how red the skin on her hands had become, grabbed the brunette's arm. At her touch, Mara looked up at the girl before glancing back down at her hands.

"Sorry", Mara whispered as Wednesday let her hand go. A few minutes later, Wednesday grabbed Mara's hand again. She looked confused before realizing that she'd started pinching her hands again.

Mara looked away in embarrassment as Wednesday looked at her, silently scolding her. Wednesday held onto Mara's sleeve for the rest of the drive to keep her from picking at her hands again. Although the ravenette would never admit it, she was slightly concerned for the brunette beside her.

*•.¸♡ ----------------------------- ♡¸.•*

"Ms. Alden has therapy first, so you'll have to stay in the waiting room until it's your turn Wednesday," Weems said, smiling at the two girls.

"You'll both be here until I'm done?" Wednesday questioned, looking over at Mara.

"Perhaps afterwards we can visit the Weathervane for hot chocolate," Weems suggested, earning a shrug from Mara and a cold look from Wednesday.

"Principal Weems, this feeble attempt at bonding is beneath you." Wednesday deadpanned.

"Ok I actually agree with Wednesday on this one," Mara nodded.

"And chauffeuring your students around is below your pay grade." The ravenette finished.

"Given your history, I'm sure you're intent on running away," Weems said, giving them an unsettling smile, "I'm here to prevent that from happening,"

Wednesday simply looked at the woman before turning and walking into the building, with Mara close behind her.

"So you're escaping therapy huh?" Mara joked, nudging Wednesday.

"Yes," Wednesday said, not explaining anything else to Mara.

"Ok, cool.." Mara said after a slight pause, "Well you'll need this then", she said, pulling a nail file from her pocket and handing it to Wednesday.

"The window in the bathroom, it's got roof access." Mara continued, leaning against the wall, "There's a drainpipe to the right you can slide down,"

"You've done this before," Wednesday said, more of a statement than a question.

"Of course," Mara scoffed, "Kinbott's sessions are the fucking worst. I'm only here because I have to be, trust me."

"Mara, I'm ready for you up here!" Dr. Kinbott called from the top of the stairs.

"Well, I'm off to my doom," Mara said, saluting Wednesday as she turned and walked up the stairs.

*•.¸♡ ----------------------------- ♡¸.•*

"So, Mara, how's your week been?" Kinbott asked after they'd both sat down.

"Same as always, completely and entirely uneventful," Mara said, bouncing her leg up and down.