𝔼𝕚𝕘𝕙𝕥

When Mara finished her last class of the day and walked back to her room, she found a disembodied hand waiting on her bed for her.

"Thing? What're you doing here?" Mara asked, tilting her head in confusion as she stood in the doorway.

You won't believe what Wednesday did- Thing started to tap out before Mara cut him off.

"Wait. Is this drama? Lemme go get Enid real quick," Mara said as she threw her bag down by her desk and spun around to walk over to Enid's dorm after Thing nodded.

"ENID!" Mara yelled as she slammed open the werewolf's door, poking her head in. Enid jumped and yelped in surprise before glaring at Mara for scaring her. "Sorry, sorry, sorry." Mara held her hands up as she tried not to laugh at Enid's reaction.

"It's fine," Enid waved Mara off as she walked over to her, "what is it?"

"Things got tea. Come on let's go," Mara said quickly as she backed away towards the door, gesturing for Enid to follow her.

"WHY DIDN'T YOU SAY SO IN THE FIRST PLACE?!" Enid cried as she ran past Mara and raced towards the brunette's dorm down the hallway. Mara laughed to herself as Enid bolted out of her dorm, the werewolf had always been one to love gossip.

"We're back!" Mara said as she grabbed onto the doorframe, swinging around it and into her room.

I hadn't noticed. Thing signed sarcastically before gesturing to Enid, who had beaten Mara there. The blonde had already settled down on Mara's bed and pulled out the bag of nail polish she kept in Mara's dorm as a backup.

"Really?" Mara asked, raising an eyebrow as Enid turned the bag upside down and dumped the nail polish out on the bed.

"Yes, really. We're gonna give each other mani pedis while Thing gossips," Enid squealed excitedly while sorting through the pile to pick the colors she wanted. Thing turned to face Mara who merely shrugged, deciding it was better to just go with it.

"Fine, but I get to pick what color I'm doing mine," Mara said as she walked over to her bed, picking out a dark green from the pile. "Hurry up and pick yours," Mara said as she sat down on the floor, starting to toss the bottle up in the air before catching it and throwing it up again.

When she threw it up the next time, it never came back down, and Mara looked up to see Enid holding the bottle.

"You'll break it," Enid scolded her as Mara groaned dramatically and flopped back on the floor. Big mistake. Although she was exhausted, she'd been able to mostly ignore it, but lying down made her exhaustion all the more prominent. Mara lifted her hand up, her veins glowing almost unnoticeably as a red mist drifted lazily over to her desk. The mist surrounded her coffee cup from that morning and slowly brought it over to her.

"Coffee? It's literally like..." Enid leaned over to look at the watch on Mara's wrist, "...5:30"

"Your point being?" Mara asked as she dragged herself into a sitting position and took a sip of the coffee. "Ew it's cold," Mara said in disgust as she eyed the coffee.

"Anyways," Enid rolled her eyes, "Thing, what's the drama? I need to know!" As Thing started to complain about what Wednesday had said that morning, Mara held her cup up, snapping her fingers underneath it. A few sparks formed the first few times she snapped, and on the fourth try, a small flame lit up. She held her hand close to the cup and watched the flame dance over her fingertips.

"She did not!" Enid exclaimed when Thing mentioned that Wednesday said a lefty wouldn't have failed her.

"Damn. And after everything you've done for her." Mara said sadly, shaking her head. By now, her coffee had heated up, so she closed her hand, extinguishing the flame.