𝕊𝕚𝕩𝕥𝕖𝕖𝕟

"Lovely..." Mara pulled a face as her and Wednesday passed a man advertising witch trials as they walked into Pilgrim World.

"Hey Mara, hey Wednesday!" Eugene greeted the two, waving with a smile. "Wanna take a group photo?" Wednesday stared at him, a deadpan look on her face.

"Guess not," Eugene sighed disappointedly. Mara frowned and moved to stand beside the boy before looking back over at Wednesday.

"Please?" Mara pouted, gesturing to Wednesday to join them. Wednesday hesitated before shaking her head firmly.

"Absolutely not,"

"If you insist," Mara shrugged before fishing her phone out of her pocket. "Don't worry, i'll take one with you," She patted the top of Eugene's head before holding her phone out to take a quick selfie of the two.

"Hey! Wait for me, Wens!" Mara cried seeing that Wednesday had started to walk away while she'd been taking the picture. Mara jogged up beside the girl, wrapping her arm around her shoulder and taking a quick selfie with her before Wednesday could protest.

Wednesday rolled her eyes as Mara looked at the picture with a grin. Mara's smile contrasted sharply with the annoyed look on Wednesday's face.

"Show that to anyone and I'll invert your rib cage," Wednesday threatened as Mara leaned on her and showed her the picture.

"I wouldn't dare," Mara's voice was filled with a false seriousness as she placed a hand over her heart.

"I'm serious," Wednesday glared at Mara, pushing her phone down and away from her face.

"So am I," Mara couldn't help but smile at the look on Wednesday's face. "Seriously though, my eyes only. I promise." Mara stuffed the phone back in her pocket before holding her pinky out to Wednesday.

"It's a pinky promise," Mara elaborated when Wednesday stared at her extended hand, raising an eyebrow.

"Oh come on, just do it," Mara pouted when Wednesday didn't move. Wednesday rolled her eyes and linked her pinky with Mara's with a sigh.

"There we go," Mara grinned, squeezing her pinky slightly before dropping her hand to her side, still keeping their fingers linked.

"Good morrow, my young Nevermore kin," A cheery voice drew everyone's attention as a woman dressed as a pilgrim walked towards the group of Nevermore students.

"I am Mistress Arlene, a real OC," She introduced herself with what seemed like a forced smile. "Original colonist," She elaborated when everyone stared at her blankly.

"Yeah, and I'm straight," Mara muttered, earning a smirk from Wednesday before she forced her face back to its normal, expressionless state.

"Now prithee, put your cell phones on vibrate and make haste, for you are about to travel back in time to the year of our Lord 1625, to Jericho's first pilgrim settlement," Mistress Arlene turned around and walked further into Pilgrim World.

"Yonder," She turned around to face them again and gestured to a building behind her. "Behold, the meeting house. Inside is a collection of artifacts related to Jericho's most beloved and pious founder, Joseph Crackstone." At this, Mara and Wednesday shared a look.

"You thinking what I'm thinking?" Mara lowered her head and whispered to Wednesday. The ravenette nodded, keeping her eyes trained on Mistress Arlene.

"And beyond is our privy, America's first gender-neutral restroom," The woman continued, turning to point towards the building on the other side of her.

"I haveth a query," Wednesday cut in, stepping forwards. Mara held her arm out in front of her when Wednesday moved away from her to keep their pinkies locked together.