𝕋𝕖𝕟

Mara carefully set her coffee on the ground before collapsing into the grass beside Enid, who was currently working on their Poe Cup canoe.

"I'm literally 80% caffeine at this point," Mara said after greeting Yoko and Enid.

"How are you even still alive?" Yoko joked, turning her attention away from the canoe.

"Honestly, I've got no fucking clue," Mara laughed before pushing herself up into a sitting position and grabbing a paintbrush.

"Look Mara, your girlfriend is coming over here," Yoko teased, pointing towards Wednesday with her paintbrush as she walked over to the group.

"She's not my girlfriend," Mara protested, blushing furiously.

"Bet you wish she was," Enid cut in with a smirk, elbowing Mara's side.

"And?" Mara asked, reaching over and tapping Enid's nose with her paintbrush, leaving a smear of paint.

"I have to get back to the woods, but Weems has been watching me like a vulture circling a carcass," Wednesday said as she walked up to the group and stood beside Mara.

"Hello to you too, Wens," Mara said as she leaned on Wednesday's leg. Seeing this, Yoko and Enid shared a knowing glance before raising their eyebrows at Mara. Mara simply flipped them both off and continued to lean on Wednesday.

"And you want me to cover so you can return to the scene of a crime that didn't happen?" Enid asked after flipping Mara off.

"I have beekeeping club this afternoon. I need you as a decoy," Wednesday stated, it was less of a request and more of an order now.

"Sorry, two strikes. I'm busy and bees totally creep me out." Enid made a face before gesturing to Mara, "why can't she do it?"

"First of all, I hate bees. And second of all, what makes you think I'm not busy??" Mara asked indignantly, crossing her arms.

"Mara, you literally have nothing to do," Yoko butted in, starting to laugh after Mara glared at her.

"She can't do it, I need her to come with me," Wednesday said shortly, telling herself it was only because Mara's magic could be useful. Definitely not because she didn't mind her company. No, definitely not.

"Why don't you ask Thing? Wait, you can't because he's mad at you," Enid accused Wednesday. Mara's eyes widened in realization, she'd completely forgotten she was supposed to be mad at Wednesday for that.

"Why's he mad? He's the one who screwed up with Rowan?" Wednesday asked, seeming genuinely confused.

"Oh Wens," Mara patted Wednesday's foot, "you've got no clue do you?"

"All I know is that we spent an hour giving each other manis, and he really opened up." Enid elaborated and Mara hummed in agreement.

"He doesn't think you respect him as a person," The brunette added as she stopped leaning on Wednesday in order to turn around and face her.

"Technically, he's only a hand,"

"Wednesday! He's your family. And he would do anything for you," Enid scolded the goth girl, "Go apologize and I'll reconsider helping you."

"I can find someone else," Wednesday scoffed, crossing her arms and starting to walk away.

"Don't think I'm going with you if you don't apologize, Wens," Mara called out as the ravenette walked away. Hearing this, Wednesday stopped in her tracks. Without looking back at Mara and Enid, Wednesday adjusted her course and headed off to her dorm.

*•.¸♡ ----------------------------- ♡¸.•*