ℕ𝕚𝕟𝕖

TW- Suicide, Abuse, Implied self harm

*•.¸♡ ----------------------------- ♡¸.•*

Wednesday watched as Mara started to shift in her sleep, rolling over and letting go of Wednesday's hand. When she saw her face scrunch up, she reached over to wake the brunette up. The moment she touched Mara, her head snapped up and her body went stiff as she was sucked into Mara's dream.

Mara walked up the porch stairs to her front door, slowly unlocking and opening it, being careful not to make any noise. She slipped in through the door, shutting it silently behind her. As she tiptoed into the living room, she saw her father passed out on the couch. Her face twisted in disgust as she noticed the plethora of empty beer bottles surrounding him.

Trying not to wake him up, she walked slowly past the couch, tensing whenever she stepped on a creaky floorboard. When she reached the stairs, she thought she was in the clear, but a sudden force pushing her against the wall shattered that hope.

Wednesday watched the man come up behind Mara as she made her way through the house, her eyes widening when she saw him grab her by the shoulder before roughly spinning her around and slamming her against the wall.

"What did I say about waking me up, huh?" He growled in her face and tightened his grip on her shoulder. Mara winced as the scent of alcohol on his breath invaded her senses. When she took too long to respond, her father punched her in the stomach.

Seeing Mara doubled over in pain, Wednesday rushed forwards, reaching for the back of his neck to drag him off of Mara. However, her hand went right through him, leaving her grasping at the air. Damn it, this wasn't like Wednesday's visions, she was only seeing Mara's dream play out.

Wednesday was forced to watch on in frustration, unable to do anything as he grabbed Mara's hair, forcing her head up.

"ANSWER ME YOU BITCH!" He screamed in her face, shaking her violently.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to, I'm sorry." Mara pleaded as she reflexively brought her arms up to cover her face when he pulled his fist back again.

"You tryin' to stop me?" He barked, laughing as he wrenched Mara's arms away from her face before punching her repeatedly. Mara began apologizing profusely, hoping to calm the man down before the situation got worse.

Wednesday's jaw tensed and she glared daggers at the man, wanting nothing more than to take a knife to his neck. It was torture to have to watch this happen to Mara, and not the good kind.

"You'd better be fucking sorry," He spat, throwing Mara to the ground, "I do so much for you, and what do I get in return?" He kicked her in the face, knocking her onto her back.

"You're so worthless. No wonder she didn't want you," Mara's eyes widened as his words echoed in her head. She scrambled backwards, breathing heavily as she tried to get away from the man.

Wednesday's black heart twisted seeing the look on Mara's face and the fear in her eyes, and she hated that she couldn't do anything to stop it.

"It was because of you that she killed herself. It was your fault. Your fault." Her father continued to repeat himself as he stalked towards her. Mara gasped in horror as his face and voice started to distort. Her breathing picked up and she frantically pushed herself backwards as she found herself face to face with her mother.