Chapter 1-Sign me up

This is a continue on from the book's description. If you have not read it, then please read it before continuing with the story.

————————————————————————

"Ji Eun! The mail came today!"

I shot up from my dreamless sleep and raced outside.

Please be from Pledis. Please be from Pledis.

I opened the mailbox and pulled out the mail. Only one letter came today, and it was from Pledis Entertainment.

Please not be a refusal letter. Please not be a refusal letter.

I opened the letter carefully, the letter being sacred.

Dear Miss Wu,

We are pleased to announce that you have been accepted to the Pledis Entertainment internship department...

"Yes! Yes! Yes!" I ran around my front garden laughing from happiness, forgetting it was 10 am and people were still sleeping.

I ran inside and excitedly told my mum the news.

"Oh my god! My baby girl is going to Korea!" She attacked me into a hug and squeezed...a little too tight.

We lived in a small house, outside walls painted light yellow because we live in Brighton and every house in Brighton has bright painted houses. I'm kidding, but I do live in Brighton. One of the best places ever, I can practically feel the haters...

My mum is Korean but my dad was Chinese. He died before I was born so I don't really know much about him, but my mum wanted me to learn his home language anyway. When people give me sympathy...to be honest I don't really have a reaction that I can put into words. I didn't get to know my dad, so I don't really have anything to cry about. I grew up only knowing I had a mother by my side, I know it may sound tedious but it's true. Sometimes I wish I had a dad though, a fatherly figure at least.

*****************************************

"Have you got your phone?" My mum patted my clothes and hair as if when she let you I would be unfamiliar.

"Of course! Calm down it's okay. Bye mum." I hugged her with one arm, my other one preoccupied with my bag.

"Bye Jieun."

I waved and gave the man my boarding ticket.

"Thank you." I said as he let me through the gate.

One big step for- oh forget it.

****************************************

"Mrs Wu! Mrs Wu!"

I turned around alarmingly as I heard my name being called out. A short man holding a sign that read my name waved enthusiastically.

"Hi!" I said in Korean. "But um, i'm not married. I'm a Miss." I pointed at my bare hand.

"Oh sorry! You looked kind of mature from the back so I assumed."

He put my luggage on a trolley and we left the terminal.

"I'm sorry to ask, but do you have an idea of what i'll be doing in the entertainment?" I asked, trying to keep up with his speed walking.

"Oh, yes."

Silence.

"Can you tell me?" I asked simply.

"Oh! Yes haha. 2 interns will be placed in each kpop group. That's what you call it now a days right?" I nodded. "Okay. Anyways, you and someone else will be helping the manager of that group for a whole year. Then at the end of the year, we will announce who will be officially part of Pledis Entertainment."

We reached the car and he opened the door for me. Once we were settled and on the road, I continued the conversation.

"The system is really cool. Do you by any chance know what the choosing of groups would be determined by? Like a particular talent?" I leaned forward from my chair.

"No, all the committee members sit down and go through a power point, they choose which interns they think would be most compatible with the group. It's all about the relationship between you and your group."

I sighed heavily. Hopefully, I'm compatible with a group I would want to be with for an entire year.

****************************************

Thank you for reading Chapter 1 of I Adore u!

I'm so grateful that you decided to read this! Please don't be impatient with the updates, if you really can't wait any longer then don't hesitate to comment.

I hope you enjoy the book!