Chapter 7: Saved and Threats

Is it possible to try to avoid someone you are obligated to see every single second of the day?

The dry and cold cut answer is no, you can't.

Oh but you can try, yeah you can try hard, very hard, maybe even disappear for some time but sooner or later, you'll have to face them again.

Right to their face.

Ao'nung has not been training for a full week. As far as anyone is concerned, his stomach is going through it and he's homesick. He's physically unwell. Even when Jake would try to motivate him to run it off, Tsireya was Ao'nung shield in not letting him leave the shack until he's well.

Even Mo'at stopped by to give him medicine, but that didn't change anything.

A week of staying in the shack.

A week of drowning in his own head.

A week without seeing Neteyam.

Don't get Ao'nung wrong, it's not like he's disgusted with him or anything like that. At the end of the day, Neteyam is a man. If the guy wants to fuck around, have at it. 

No, this has nothing to do with him.

To some extent.

This all has to do with Ao'nung, and his thoughts. He doesn't want to see Neteyam after what he saw mainly because he gets physically nauseous even by just the thought of him alone - imagine by seeing him. 

Ao'nung can't eat. He can't sleep. He can't even blink properly because he's back in that forest, imaging him: Tangling up with that girl, filling in the pleasures of being sexual. The noises he would make, his muscles flexing underneath his skin - those images drove Ao'nung fucking insane.

He would get physically frustrated, heated, and overwhelmed in a matter of seconds.

It drove him feral, and he didn't know why.

Even his dreams won't let him rest, seeing Neteyam and doing far more than just fucking some girl. No, in Ao'nung's dream Neteyam would be in her place, and Ao'nung would be his. 

He has woken up with too many morning woods to count because of that. 

Space is essential because he was going through a fucking mental crisis. The more he denies it and pushes it away, the stronger it slaps back to his face. He kept telling himself he shouldn't be thinking these things, out of all people about Neteyam, and the more he does the livider his dreams get. 

What scares him about it is the fact that it's Neteyam, the eldest son of the Olo'eyktan - Of Toruk Makto for crying out loud! If he was a regular guy without that reputation, maybe Ao'nung wouldn't be going in circles about it, but it's him he's having these urges for - after just a small, simple moment he accidentally walked in on. 

He's his mentor, his somewhat friend.

This shouldn't be happening, at all.

The first few days was difficult wrapping that thought in Ao'nung's head, since the more he fought against it, the stronger it'd come back. Yet seems like him gaslighting himself for that week eventually worked because soon enough, it all stopped.

Those urges, the thoughts, the dreams - it all faded away slowly.

Well no shit, he was determined in shoving it down. He can't be slacking off because of emotional and mental shit he's going through, he has to keep it moving somehow. 

It's his obligation as the son of the Olo'eyktan of his clan - their pride is on his shoulders.

So, he lifted his chin up and decided that enough time has passed and it's time to get back to work.