Chapter 17: Seen

Since that at night Three Brothers Rock, nothing has been the same again - for both Neteyam and Ao'nung, maybe even for everyone else who were surrounded by their circle.

The following morning after spending the night together, they returned to Awa'altu and thankfully Neteyam's behavior was a bit calmer than the night prior but that doesn't mean he wasn't any less rebellious.

If anything, he was more protective of himself.

He wanted to go train the second he got there with everyone else, and that's when a lot was told by those hours of the morning.

Well for starters, he did get better at simply everything, in a reckless type of way. Now he didn't take anything seriously, seeing this training or life purely a game. Surprisingly he was still good at completing his tasks, just chaotically.

That's how it went throughout the rest of training, not just that day but every single day that followed after that. He was so fused with energy yet this effortless essence that it even became contagious for people around him. Training went from this intensity of being serious to now being... Crazy while doing it.

In a very 'having fun' type of way, which is not a good thing.

Even when Heatey would tell him to stop acting up, it was like a fuel for Neteyam to get crazier - like swim further past the reef and come back when he felt like it.

He became a simple problem in a matter of days, but at the same time the heads really of the village didn't really raise eyebrows to the topic - especially Ao'nung's father. They know what he's going through at the moment, and they know it's a matter of time before he crashes - which will be a difficult obstacle to overcome than this, so they advised to not hold him back.

Then came Ao'nung and Neteyam's sessions after training.

Something that also weren't the same again.

Once they crossed boundaries, they couldn't contain themselves from stopping on exploring further. They'd find themselves in intimate waters again, and Neteyam loved being risky about it, completely shameless; whether it was in his maruis, Ao'nung's maruis, or somewhere he knows they'd be caught - he didn't care.

As long as he was with Ao'nung.

If they wanted to get even more freaky, they would go to Three Brother's Rock in the middle of the night and spend more quality time there - and not just sexually.

Those small moment they share when they're together is what give Ao'nung hope that Neteyam will get past this soon enough, maybe not anytime soon but it will happen.

They almost had a few close calls, but that must've been some sheer luck because they always got away with it.

Another thing to point out is that now having Neteyam being this savagely, he attacks anyone close to his bubble or even touches him - as in physically attempts to kill them.

Everyone except Ao'nung and Kiri.

It's not a surprise to have him be this aggressive with his brother, even Tuk because of her recent attitude, but with them he really tried to avoid since he knows they'd provoke him profusely to explode.

Kiri is the only person who really can sit a centimeter close to him, even touch him, but when it comes to the topic of him being responsible sets him off to storm away.

As Ao'nung's father advised, it's better to just leave him be and let him figure it out on his own.

On the other hand, Rotxo believes that to be bullshit - respectfully.

"I would know because I was in that same bubble as how he is now," Rotxo explains, the three Metkayina's together in his maruis, "I had Tsireya helping me out of that, but if it wasn't for her taking me to the spirit tree, I wouldn't have snapped out of it. We all had someone helping us out of it, it's simply impossible going through it alone."