Chapter 23: Loneliness is scary

Returning to High Camp felt as though life was put on pause throughout these three months that the four siblings were away. Everything was the same: Food, people, routine - nothing was different.

Sometimes consistency is good, means nothing unpredictable happens that no one expects. 

Yet not everything is entirely the same; Especially for the four royal kids who returned home. 

No matter how joyful they were to return to their roots, the familiar environment and being around their family, everyone noticed the change in them.

No longer were they kids, embracing the goodness and spirituality of nature, or even goofing around with each other. No, they weren't their free-spirited selves that they were three months ago, filled with endless smiles and freedom to their connections around them. 

Everyone sees the walls that were built around their skins and souls, telling a story of moments where they lost themselves - completely and utterly shattering who they once were to pieces, but rebuilt themselves to be someone stronger and filled with maturity.

Even Tuk.

Another surprise to the clan was when Neteyam opened his lips to speak to his parents.

Neytiri fell to her knees in a cry, thanking Eywa for returning her son's voice back to him. 

Even Jake couldn't find the words to express how he felt in the moment, but the tears in his eyes spoke a thousand words to his feelings. 

It was a touching moment, but even the four siblings couldn't find it in themselves to be emotional about it. 

Now the talk has been about the wedding happening in a month from now, and that's something Kiri has refused to dive into any preparation for it. She has spoken about her feelings to her parents about the marriage, and Jake was more than willing to cancel it for her happiness, but the issue is that this is just how it's supposed to be. The customs and tradition from their clan, and it's something Neytiri and Mo'at has not stressed enough that she needs to follow it.

Kiri got so frustrated to the point she argued back to Neytiri on how she didn't follow the 'customs and traditions' when she married Jake, so why can't she choose for herself too?

It got too out of hand to the point Lo'ak had to step in and drag Kiri out before she says things she wouldn't mean, or even spoke too much. It's been a week, and Kiri still hasn't spoken to Neytiri, but the wedding is still meant to go on. 

On another note, Lo'ak and Neteyam still haven't spoken to each other, at all.

 At this it wasn't because of the situation anymore, but there's just a lot going on that they really need their space, especially Neteyam.

He's back to his routine on being alone most of the time and forcefully numbing his feelings down, even though that's probably not the best way to go.

Not like he cares anymore by this point.

But maybe somewhere deep down inside he wants to care, or face the ghost of feelings that's making home inside his chest. 

That's how he ended up here, inside one of the shacks, where Grace is in.

Along with Spider.

Neteyam watches with numb eyes the boy inside the capsule, surrounded by water and an oxygen mask - having his body twitch from time to time but not once wake up. He's consistent, always been consistent, and never waking up. 

He hasn't for a year now, but he's not dead. 

Just not alive either.

Scientifically speaking, he's in a coma. Na'vi spirituality speaking, he's in a liminal with Eywa, and she's been deciding whether to return him or to be with her on the other side.