Chapter 8: Ikran Flight

They were ready. 

After weeks, two full months of training, adjusting to the ways of the Omaticaya people - physically, spiritually, and figuratively, the three Metakyina guests were ready for the next step of their continuous training.

Choosing their own ikran. 

Things were different after that altercation that happened. Jake and Neytiri ended up speaking with Ao'nung, Tsireya, and Rotxo privately about the situation. There was no way of lying to them about it, since Tuk told them everything, so they had to say the truth. Jake took the leadership role in assuring they'd be safe at all times, even making a whole big announcement about it to the clan.

Since that day, the Sully siblings were always with them. From the peak of sunrise to when they'd fall asleep at night. Not like that's any different than how things were before, since they just genuinely like to be around one another, but now one could tell that they're taking it more serious while occasionally asking them how they've been, in a strangely casual way. 

Even Neteyam, who had the habit of sneaking off at night, has stopped that daily routine to now spend it with them. He didn't seem bothered by it, if anything it showed more his connection with his siblings individually through their playful moments at night. 

With Kiri, Neteyam treats her very respectfully. He makes sure she's physically okay at all times, points things out that she likes, and teases her in an affectionate type of way. He doesn't seem to be so rough around the edges, or aggressive with her. Equally in return, Kiri also makes sure her brother is being taken cared of and feels included with everything they do. They have a mature and deeply emotional connection, which makes it unique.

With Lo'ak, that's when things are a little different. Brothers being brothers, the two always manage to get into arguments about petty things and are rougher when it comes to being physical. Neteyam likes to annoy him all the time, and Lo'ak likes to press on his buttons ever so often. It's a mutual understanding, and at the end of the day, it's all for fun because they'd find themselves relying deeply on each other. Lo'ak smiles more with Neteyam around, and Neteyam is less tense he's around Lo'ak.

Lastly with Tuk, that's when Neteyam becomes more playful. He's more physical with Tuk than he is with Kiri, and it's because Tuk loves recieving her brother's attention. She always jumps on Neteyam's back, pulls on his tail, play with his braids, or yank his ear. Despite those irritating habits, Neteyam lets her do whatever she wants and only bares with it. He likes his little sister's attention, and she equally likes his presence around. So, they tend to play around, escaping into this childish bubble whenever they're together.

Each relationship with each other is special, witnessing it shows the deep layers of bond each sibling has with each other. 

It makes them feel.... Real, in some way.

Being around them, like this, really changes things around on everyone's interactions with each other. With Neteyam, the circle feels full and they enjoy it a lot more. He even has grown close with both Tsireya and Rotxo, in their own unique way. With Tsireya it's a bit similar with Kiri, being a complete gentleman and asking her questions of the metkayina clan, but he keeps his bit of distance.

No doubt because of his dear brother's crush on her.

As for Rotxo, he treats him just like Lo'ak, and Rotxo definitely didn't need much motivation in treating him the same in return. Since Neteyam is smaller than Rotxo's size, Rotxo physically treats him like a doll by manhandling him everywhere. 

Everything has changed since that accident indeed, for the better.

Now they have reached the next part of their training.