Chapter 10: Awa'altu

The days that passed by were like a thick haze fog in a humid night, painfully slow yet quick in a matter of seconds at the same time.

And before they knew it, time caught up.

The three metkayina guests went through their coming-of-age ceremony, becoming one with the Omaticaya people. Later that night they went with the Sully siblings to the Spirit Tree, spending most of their time there connecting with Eywa and talking about the ceremony - somehow feeling as their connection strengthened during that moment together.

From that moment on, that's when the days flew by quicker, and now it's time for them to leave.

Unlike their arrival here, now they can travel back with the ikran for an easier trip. Tsireya insisted for them to walk, so Kiri can experience firsthand the journey they had to endure when coming to High Camp. Rotxo was quick to call that bullshit and refused to go through that again - no matter how comfortable he is now moving through the woods.

After great discussion about it, they decided on traveling with their ikran just to go easy on her since they would've had to travel back on water after making it out of the forest - and that takes time to practice.

Now the three are standing before the people, more specifically in front of Jake and Neytiri, ready to depart themselves from the Omaticaya clan, for now.

Ao'nung never expected for it to be an emotional moment as it got. You could say he perhaps did gain a deep connection with the clan, the forest, their customs, everything began to feel like it was part of him too. Well, he is, after all, part of them now: The forest, the people.

And he always will be.

"We appreciated having you three here during your stay," Jake says to them, smiling to loosen up the clear edge of sadness that they're all feeling, "Feel free to come back again, our clan will always be open for you here."

Ao'nung smiles and nods to him, "Thank you for taking us in. We appreciate the experience and will take it with us kindly back home."

Neytiri twitches a smile back while caressing Tsireya's head softly when she saw the girl getting teary eyed, right before turning to Kiri - who was standing beside her, "Remember what we talked about okay? Learn fast and behave, you're representing our clan. Do well."

Kiri clearly tried not to roll her eyes, making Ao'nung twitch a grin but bite it back, "I'll be fine."

She will be.

If there's anything that Kiri is, it's having the ability to adapt fast and having that deep connection with Eywa.

Tsahik Ronal will definitely love teaching her.

Rotxo abruptly skips beside her and boldly wraps his arm around her shoulders, squeezing her to him while smiling brightly to Neytiri, "Oh don't worry Mrs. Sully! She's in great hands and we'll make sure she's taken cared off!"

Annoyed Kiri hisses at him, making Rotxo huff in return while Neytiri smiles between the two, adjusting her attention back to her husband.

"Where are the rest?"

Tsireya ear flickered up upon hearing this, just as Ao'nung's gaze, at the same time for them to hear a series of yips closing in from a distance. The crowd of people made way, opening the scene for Lo'ak, Neteyam and Tuk - who quickly made their way towards them.

Ready with a bag over their bodies.

Ao'nung's tilts his head, confused.

As far as he knew, Kiri was the only one coming with them...