First day at Shade.

Quick disclaimer: The next two chapters will take place before Volume one.

Y/n pov:

Ah yes. 17 years old and off to college. I was on a bullhead flying to Vacuo, talking to my mom on my scroll.

Erythrà: "Y/n I just don't know why you didn't want to pick a school closer to home!"

Y/n:"Mom I told you, I want to experience something different!"

Erythrà: "So why not Beacon? Or Atlas?"

Y/n: "Beacon academy is the academy that they are most likley to go to. And do I really need to explain Atlas?"

I said, she knows how I feel about Atlas in general. Why would I want to go to a school that is located in the single most racist country on Remnant?

Erythrà:"Okay. You're right. I know why not Atlas."

Y/n: "Oh! The bullhead is landing now mom. Gotta go!"

I said as I hung up and grabbed my stuff.

Y/n:"So, this is Vacuo huh? I expected it to be hotter honestly."

I said to myself as I made my way towards Shade academy. Walking down the road I saw multiple shops selling a variety of things, kids playing, a local band playing music. Overall it seemed like a nice place if you don't mind the heat. Or sand. (I can already hear the Anakin Comments.)

Y/n:"Excuse me, would you know how to get to Shade academy?"

I asked a shopkeeper who seemed to be in a good mood.

Shopkeep: "Yeah, just follow this road until you see the signs."

Y/n:"Thank you sir!"

I said to him before I followed his directions. After roughly twenty or so minutes of walking, I finally saw it. Shade Academy

The large pyramid like fortress in the city center

The large pyramid like fortress in the city center. I'm surprised I didn't see it earlier. Walking into the building I looked around at the main hall. It was a bright yellow sandstone on the inside. There were several paintings on the walls of great huntsmen and huntresses who studied at Shade, and a grand statue in the middle of it all. A statue of a Goliath being Slain by a group of huntsmen. I had made my way to the auditorium for the headmasters speech.  Walking into the massive auditorium I looked around and found an empty seat. Sitting down I sat quietly and awaited the headmaster. A few moments later someone sat next to me. A black male with a pair of sunglasses and a sword on his back.

???:"Hey. Don't think I've seen you around before. You from Vacuo?"

Y/n:"No, actually. I'm from Argus."

I told him. He seemed shocked to see someone not from Vacuo at Shade academy.

???:"Then why didn't you go to Beacon? Or Mistral academy?"