The Festival Begins

Y/n pov

   As usual, the first Fight of the first round of the Vytal Festival Tournament went to us and some other team. I didn't pay attention. The first round usually separates the ones who are a threat, and those who are only in the tournament because they needed to fill slots.
   The elevator we were on finally rose to the center of the arena as the two halves of the landscape were chosen. It ended up being 'Sand dunes of Vacuo' and 'Forestry of Vale's. As we stood across from the other team some guy who I assumed to be their leader started talking shit.

Other teams leader:"Ha! Y/n Nikos, not so impressive up close!"

Y/n:"Who are you?"

Other teams leader:"Wh-they just announced my name!"

Y/n:"Yeah, I don't pay attention to teams and names in the first round. At least half of the teams from every school are only here to fill roster slots anyway."

Other teams leader:"My names Avery you jackass! Oum, this is why I hate the faunus!"

Y/n:"Oh you hate the faunus do ya? He's mine. Sarah? Take the moron with just a shotgun."

Sarah:"Copy that."

Y/n:"Hank? Whip that fucker right there until he's done with."

I said, pointing to the guy on the far left.

Hank:"I was gonna do that anyway!"

Y/n:"Denzel? Make sure the guy with a spear won't even be recognized by his own mother."

Denzel:"Getting dark on us Y/n. I like it."

With that said and done, Doctor Oobleck started the first fight of the first round of the tournament. I quickly pulled out Mustang and Sally and started blasting just far enough to keep me and my team out of the blast radius, but close enough to obscure the other teams vision.
   I heard Denzel unsheathe his sword and make a mad dash for the guy with a spear. I knew Denzel could handle it. If he could close the distance gap while fighting me, he isn't gonna have any issues with some random guy from Atlas. At least, I think they are from Atlas.
   I heard Sarah running around behind me. No doubt she used the dust kicked up by me to find a vantage point. As for Hank? Well...

Hank:"AHAHAHA! SUFFER BITCH!"

   Yeah. Glad he's on my side. He's not exactly mentally sound. Anyway, the other teams leader Avery drew his weapon. An axe with what I assumed to be a shotgun in the handle. Note to self: keep him from pointing that thing at me.
   I still hadn't drawn Agartha's Wrath yet. Those metal bracers I had Denzel get me really came in handy. I lifted my left arm up and blocked the strike. Unsurprisingly, there wasn't a whole lot of power in it.
   Using my right arm, I reached up and had taken Agartha's Wrath out of it's sheathe. Setting it to use Air dust, the twin blades at the tip shined as the yellow dust crystal glowed ever so gently. I took a swing at Avery's legs, glancing his right leg just enough to take him to the ground.
   Switching to reverse grip, I went to thrust the staff at him while he was down. Unfortunately for me he was fast enough to roll out of the way. Fortunately for me he forgot his axe.

Y/n:"Unarmed now. Whatcha gonna do?"

   I taunted him. Out of all the things I expected, running straight at me wasn't it. This did not work out the way he planned however as I simply switched to a regular grip on the staff, pressed a button on it, and changed the crystal to lightning.
   I thrusted the staff into his chest and let out a burst of purple lightning. It flung him back, a long with his axe. He must have kicked it before he left the ground.
   He grabbed his axe and ran straight at me again.

Y/n"*Sigh* Avery! Come on man, work with me here! We gotta give these people a good show!"

Avery:"Shut up and fight!"

Y/n:"I have been! Maybe you should try thinking for once!"

   I said as I reeled back my staff, and swung it forward with all my might. He was lucky enough to block the strike but not enough to avoid getting hit by me entirely. I may have just grazed him, but he hasn't hit me once yet.
   Putting the staff away, I opted to use Mustang and Sally. Before taking aim, I grabbed him by the collar of his shirt and threw him behind me. Aiming, I watched as he slowly stood up.
   Not wanting to give him time to recover, I opened fire. His aura tanked it but just after firing the last shot I heard Dr. Oobleck on the intercom.

Dr. Oobleck:"And with a devastating final volley of high explosive ammunition: Y/n Nikos eliminates Avery Jones! With that, the first fight of the Vytal Festival Tournament has come to an end!"

Y/n:"Wait really? That was fast."

Sarah:"Yes well, shotgun kid was too tunnel visioned to get close enough to use the thing on me."

Denzel:"Yeah uh... I broke that guys spear. Also, where's Hank?"

Looking around, I saw Hank whipping one of the trees in the arena.

Y/n:"Hank! Come on, let's go get some ice cream!"

He looked at me as he stopped whipping the poor, fake tree.

Hank:"Fuck yeah! Let's go!"

With that, we left the arena and went to go make sure Hank blew up a bathroom.

I know. This chapter is late. I ended up rewriting it like 9 times because I couldn't decide what to do with it. I'm sorry for that. Anyway, now that the Vytal Tournament is underway, I can't wait to show you all what I have in store! Also, I know my fight scenes aren't the best so if anyone has any advice please share it. Constructive criticism is always welcome. And I will see you all next time!