A strange discovery

Y/n Pov

It was like any other day. Regardless if I was at Shade Academy or Beacon. Wake up, go to class, after class do whatever the fuck we wanted. Only here, I got called slurs more often. Just wait for the Vytal Tournament assholes.

Denzel:"Hey man, Headmaster Ozpin is looking for you."

Y/n:"What? Whay would he be looking for me?"

Denzel:"I don't know man, he just found me in the cafeteria and told me to tell you he wants to see you in his office."

Y/n:"Of course. Being vague. Welp! I'm probally gonna get in trouble for somethint I didn't do. So see you in detention!"

Denzel:"The fuck did I do to get detention?!"

Y/n:"Nothing! But if I AM gonna end up in detention then I'm bringing you with me!"

I said as I turned the corner and made my way for the headmasters office. Walking down the hallways of Beacon I passed several students and teachers. Paying them no mind I found my way to the headmasters office with ease.

Ozpin:" Mister Nikos. A pleasure to finally see you."

Y/n:"Cut the shit. What am I here for?"

Ozpin:"How are you enjoying your time at Beacon Academy?"

Y/n:"Really? That's what you needed me for?"

Ozpin:"One thing at a time. I need to be sure my staff and students are treating our visitors well."

Y/n:"Well it has been fucking terrible. The students are almost all very racist. I get called a slur an average of every five minutes."

Ozpin:"Interesting. And the staff?"

Y/n:"They do nothing about it. Not even a slap on the wrist for the offenders. Atlas at the very least gave them a stern talking to."

Ozpin:"I see. Now for why I truly brought you here."

He said as he placed a golden orb of some kind on his desk.

Ozpin:"I don't expect you to remember what this is, but Summer Rose made it apparent that I give this to you. Well, your last name at the time was Rose."

Y/n:"Summer gave this to you?"

I asked as I approached it. It was a golden orb with strange blue symbols on it.

Ozpin:"She said it was with you when she adopted you. She was not sure if it was a sentimental item or if it had a greater purpose."

He spoke as I picked up the orb. Looking at it closer it seemed to have small golden rings around it as well.

Y/n:"Did she say what it was called?"

Ozpin:"She did not. As far as she knew it was just a golden trinket to place on a shelf."

Y/n:"So... Why are you telling me this?"

Ozpin:"She said it belongs to you. She wanted you to have it back should you accept it."

Ozpin said. I slowly put it into my bag.

Y/n:"Thank you sir. Is that all you needed me for?"

Ozpin:"Yes that is all. Thank you for coming."

Y/n:"Before I leave. Did Summer say anything else? About this thing?"

Ozpin:"She said that when she used her aura near it, it hummed."

Y/n:"Hummed? Strange."

Ozpin:"Indeed. Well, you should be on your way. A young man like you should not be wasting his time talking to someone like me."

Ozpin finished as I turned around and got in the elevator. As it descended down I only had one thing on my mind.

Y/n:"Summer Rose. Whatever this thing is, it seems important."

It was not long before the elevator had reached the ground. I quickly made my way to my teams dorm room. Pulling out a small notebook filled with sketches of the weird shit I had seen so far. I flipped to a page covered in the drawing of an Agarthan Tomb. Looking all around the drawing I made I saw it. A drawing of the same golded orb I had just been handed.

Y/n:"What the fuck is this thing?"

I said as I flipped to an empty page and began to draw the orb.

Sarah:"You alright Y/n?"

Y/n:"BY THE ORDER! Sarah! Don't fucking scare me like that!"

Sarah:"Sorry. You seemed stressed. Everything alright? Denzel said the headmaster wanted to see you. What was that about?"

Y/n:"He wanted to ask me what I thought about Beacon so far."

Sarah:"What did you tell him?"

Y/n:"The truth."

I said as I closed the sketchbook. I would have to start bringing this orb with me on missions.

Alright everyone! I am so sorry for the long wait for this chapter. It is a bit shorter than usual but I felt like I had to get something out to you guys. Anyway, hope you enjoyed and I will see you all next time!