Deep in Thought

Yn pov

   Things have gotten really confusing. I started doing more research into the history of the agarthan order and an engraving that weird gold orb that Ozpin gave me is seen in every single tomb. I don't know what to make of this. Not to mention the dance coming up. I'll be going alone as Roxanne can't make it out here to Beacon, which sucks.

Hank:"You okay mate?"

   I heard Hank ask me. I must have been deep in thought. Well, deeper than I realized.

Y/n:"Yeah. Just had a few things on my mind is all."

Hank:"What to talk about it?"

Y/n:"Maybe later. Not much anyone can do about it anyway."

Hank:"Ah! Bummed about your girlfriend not comin to the dance?"

Okay. So he thinks I just wish Roxanne could be here for that.

Y/n:"Yeah. But at the end of the day it is what it is."

Hank:"Won't this be the first time she won't be at the dance?"

Y/n:"Ugh! Don't remind me. It's all because the owner hired his fucking cousin as a manager. Said new manager is also racist as fuck."

Hank:"Have you tried getting her to quit?"

Y/n:"I am trying. Problem is, she likes her job and wants to keep it."

Hank:"Most people don't want to work. Have you tried to tell her you will handel everything?"

Y/n:"Roxanne isn't like most people. That's why I love her so much. She's different. She's unique. She isn't afraid to let those differences shine."

Hank:"Well, I'm sure she'll make it up to you somehow."

Y/n:"Yeah. Going to the dance solo isn't a big deal anyway. I just want to see her again."

   At that, the bell rang and I sped off to the library. Trying to learn more about the weird ass gold orb that Ozpin gave me. I found a book on Agarthan religious artefacts and took a seat. Opening the book I searched for anything related to gold balls.
   After some searching, I found something regarding the fifth ancient. The Faceless one.
   Tt said "The fifth Ancient of the Agarthan Order, dubbed 'The Faceless One' could often be seen carrying around a spherical object. The sphere he carried around often had small runes engraved into it. Wether or not this sphere simply had sentimental value, or was something greater, is a rather popular topic of debate."
   So this sphere he carried around had engraving. I wonder if there is a picture in here. All the other engraving of a sphere have had most of the details washed away by time. Flipping a few more pages I found an image. The sphere looked exactly like the one Ozpin gave me.

Y/n:"Just what the fuck are you?"

   I asked myself, inspecting the orb I was carrying with me. The runes glowed a soft blue color. Like it was taunting me. Telling me I was so close to finding out what it was, but so far from the answers to my questions.
   It was then my scroll started to ring. Looking down at the contact it was Roxanne. But, she should be at work right now. I didn't think too much of it. I just answered the call.

Y/n:"Hey babe! How are you?"

   I said as I started to hear her crying. Usually when someone you care about calls you and is crying, someone died.

Y/n:"Roxanne? What's wrong?"

Roxanne:"That fucking racist asshole fired me because I wouldn't work an extra shift!"

Y/n:"Aww. I'm sorry to hear that. I know you really liked that job. Is there anything I could do?"

It was a few minutes before she answered my question. Her sobs and cries broke my heart. Knowing I was not there to comfort her.

Roxanne:"Get me a ticket to Vale? Please?"

Y/n:"Yeah. Of course honey. Do you want to be out here by tonight? Or do you mind waiting a few days?"

Roxanne:"As soon as possible. Please."

Y/n:"Alright. I'll get a ticket for you."

Roxanne:"Thanl you Y/n. I love you."

Y/n:"Love you too Roxanne. Talk to you soon."

Roxanne:"Talk to you soon."

I heard her say as she hung up. I never liked her working there anyway. The people were rude and too many of them were racist.

Sarah:"Y/n"

Y/n:"Holy shit!"

I shouted as Sarah scared the shit out of me again.

Sarah:"We need to talk."

Y/n:"Oh god. Is it about the tissues on the bathroom floor?"

Sarah:"No. We are getting worried sbout you. That weird arse golden ball Headmaster Ozpin gave you is taking up a concerning amount of your time."

Y/n:"Alright. Look here."

I said as I handed her the book and pointed to the picture.

Y/n:"That's the same orb that Ozpin gave me. And The Faceless One is holding it. Sarah, this could be huge."

Sarah:"You're right. It could be. Just remember to take a fucking break alright?"

Y/n:"Jeez what are you, my mother? Because her name is Erythrà, not Sarah."

Sarah:"I know. But your mom is fucking hot. So if you aren't careful, then I might be your stepmom."

She said before she started to walk away.

Y/n:"Mom's not into women Sarah!"

Sarah:"Even spaghetti is straight until it gets wet!"

Y/n:"Did you just call my mom a pasta?!"

She then started running.

Y/n:"Sarah get back here!"

I said as I chased her. Something told me this was just an elaborate plan ti get me to stop for a little bit. I'm kind of ashamed to admit it worked. I guess my research could wait for a little bit.

And that's the chapter! So first, a side note. Since I have two stories being written I have decided to rotate between weeks for chapter releases. Next week will be a new chapter for the Borderlands Books. Also, I forgot to click publish after I finished this chapter. Which is why it's late. Sorry about that! Anyway, I hope you all enjoyed the chapter and I will see you in the next one!