Round 3

Y/n pov

   The final round of the Vytal Festival Tournament. One on one until there is only one. By the end of this, either me or Pyrrha will be the victor. I listened as Doctor Oobleck explained the rules to everyone else, repeating what I just said, only far more complicated.

   The big detail that separates round three from the other two? It's completely random. In rounds one and two, they try to make the match ups as even as possible. But round three is nothing short of the luck of the draw.

Doctor Oobleck:"Now that you are all aware of how Round Three works, let us choose our first contenders!"

Shortly after he said that, the wheel spun round and round before it chose me.

Doctor:"Y/n Nikos! Now, who shall be his opponent?!"

   I was raised into the arena as the second wheel began to spin before landing on an all too familiar face.

Doctor Oobleck:"Yang Xiao Long!"

   That name. A name I hoped to forget, a name that haunted me in my sleep. It seems like some kinda fucked up destiny that the next time we met would be in the arena. I think, deep down, I prayed for this. So I could beat her in front of everyone on Remnant, so that her father, and her sister, could see her defeat live.

   As she was raised into the arena, I looked her dead in the eye. Blond hair, lilac eyes. The eyes of pure evil.

Y/n:"Yang Xiao Long. I hoped I would never see you again."

Yang:"I'm sorry, do we know each other?"

Y/n:"Heh, go figure you would forget. Yes, we know each other."

I said she looked at me like I was crazy.

Y/n:"For years, you, your father Tai, and your sister Ruby, tied me up, and beat me. Day in, night out. I was never given a chance to rest."

Yang:"Wait a minute, how do you-"

Y/n:"Dozens of sleepless nights because of you and your family. A prime example of the worst humanity has to offer. Yet here you stand, in MY arena, in MY home."

Yang:"What are you-"

Y/n:"That house on Patch, I have nightmares about returning to it. To your home. But now, I've made my own home, this arena is my home. And you, are an unwelcomed guest. Time to throw you out."

   I said as I prepared to fight. As the countdown began, I drew Agatha's Wrath from my back and stuck it into the arena floor. It stood, vertical next to me. I didn't plan on using it.

   Then, I drew Mustang and Sally from the holsters on my lower back. I dropped the magazines in both of them, and emptied the chamber by pulling back the slide. Then, I dropped them to the ground. They clattered harmlessly to the floor.

Doctor Oobleck:"It would seem Y/n Nikos has disarmed himself! Wanting to best Yang Xiao Long in the fighting style she specializes in! If I didn't know any better I would say that this is personal!"

Y/n:"Oh it is. It's very personal."

   I said to myself, both hands at my side, right hand clenched into a fist. I watched the countdown as it slowly made it's way to zero, signaling the start of the fight. The two of us walked towards each other.

   I knew what she was going to do. She always started with a right. So I swerved to avoid it. She would always follow up with a left hook. Which again, I dodged. If both of those failed, then she would try and grab me around the torso. So I ducked, reeled my right hand back, my fist crackling with lightning, and struck her in the jaw.

   I doubted a single punch was going to be enough, but it took a large chunk of her aura.

Doctor Oobleck:"Incredible! Y/n Nikos drains half of Miss Xiao Long's aura with a single strike!"

   She was on the ground now. No doubt disoriented, maybe with some blurry vision. I approached her and told her to do one simple thing.

Y/n:"Get up. It's not over yet."

   She slowly stumbled to her feet and tried to hit me again. I grabbed her right hand as she threw the punch, and pulled her into another from me. Just like that, her aura was below the 33 percent threshold. Signaling her loss in the first fight of round three.

   I began to walk away. I had nothing to say to her and nothing to say to the crowd. I picked up Mustang and Sally, and began to reload them. While my back was turned to Yang, I felt a searing hot pain in my right leg before collapsing in the arena.

   I looked down, and saw I was missing my right foot. About halfway down the shin was horribly mangled. I did the only thing I could think to do. I screamed in pain.

   Atlas forces rushed into the arena, guns drawn on Yang. The arena doctors and my own team not far behind. I was lifted onto a stretcher, still crying out in agony. They bandaged my right leg and carried me out of the arena.

   It wasn't long before I blacked out.

Alright everyone! Sorry this chapter was a day late but I was busy yesterday. It's here now. Anyway, I will see you all in the next one!