gone

__

__

2019

__

Hongjoong wasn't used to not knowing where San was at all times.

The younger was always either creeping around his studio door or begging him for food, hands grabby and childish where they were constantly trying to pull at Hongjoong's arms, get him to open up and talk to him even when it was 2 o'clock in the morning and they had practice the next day.

It was unnerving to see his bed empty that morning.

Hongjoong threw on the nearest pair of pants and padded out into the living room, bare feet miraculously paler than the rest of him.

He was used to waking up last and being the one to rush around the towering bodies of seven other boys to get to practice, but the dorm was entirely too empty for his liking and he found himself rounding the corner into the kitchen with a troubling feeling in his stomach.

Much to his brief relief, Hongjoong found Wooyoung in the kitchen leaning heavily against the sink, eyes focused on the bowl he held with an almost amusing amount of delicacy.

He was eating cereal, small colorful crisps that were regretfully not part of their diet, and were most likely smuggled in by Yeosang.

Hongjoong drew closer, confused as he watched Wooyoung study a spoonful carefully before dropping the portion right back into the bowl where the milk sprung up to splash across his cheek.

Wooyoung cursed.

"Where the hell is everyone?" Hongjoong asked, tired eyes widening when Wooyoung's head jerked up at the sound of his voice.

"Where's San? We're supposed to be riding together for practice today." He explained, words loud in the quiet of the room as he moved to search through the fridge, absentmindedly reaching for a reused bottle of water.

He briefly glanced at the lid, noticing Jongho's initials scrawled messy and small at the top.

Hongjoong slammed the fridge door closed with his elbow and twisted the cap off without hesitation.

Wooyoung slowly placed his bowl of cereal down, sending the glass rattling across the counter top.

"Practice is cancelled." He said, and Hongjoong abruptly stopped his hand from raising the bottle to his lips, mouth falling open.