incredulous

__

__

2021

__

Hongjoong had only just managed to relax in the stylists chair when the door opened, granting entry for the one person Hongjoong wanted nowhere near him at a time like this.

"San-ah!" He whined, throwing his head back with a pout. "Please, no-"

"There was no way I was missing this, hyung." San said, smiling easy and charming before stopping right behind Hongjoong, hands falling over his shoulders.

"Well... you look like shit."

Hongjoong didn't hesitate to turn his head and try to bite the younger's hand, glaring at San through the mirror when he giggled rather than screamed in fear.

"Yeah, I know. I hate this. Fuck me for being a little nervous." He squirmed in the chair, twiddling his thumbs beneath the tarp tied around his neck, knees bouncing in tandem to the rhythm San was tapping along his shoulder.

This was always the worst part about comeback season.

Not the butchered deadlines or the new choreography or even the filmings, but the hair styling.

Only it wasn't styling when it came to Hongjoong, it was destroying, burning, ripping his scalp clean and starting brand new- and he hated it everytime.

He was always pissed off at Jongho afterwards too, for no reason whatsoever besides the fact that he was bitter and they always let that boy off with nothing but a slap to the wrist when it came to his hair.

"I have sensitive hair, hyung," Jongho always told him. "It damages my hair twice as fast."

Whether it was bullshit or not, Hongjoong hated him for it, and most importantly, he hated the stylists.

"Stay away from me." He begged when the woman came closer, painted nails twirling the hair comb delicately as she laughed.

Hongjoong's gaze hardened.

"I'm not kidding."

"He's kidding." San assured, pinching the elders ear.

Hongjoong bit back a growl.

"What's a little hair dye gonna hurt?" He asked lightly, bending down to get closer as he smiled at Hongjoong through the mirror.