pink

__

__

2020

__

There were moments, brief seconds of hope induced panic, when San would make Hongjoong believe that everything he could feel building in his chest wasn't a lost cause.

That maybe there was a reason why San spent more time sleeping in Hongjoong's bed than he did his own.

That there was an explanation for the way Hongjoong caught San staring at him through the mirror during most practices and was always eager to latch himself onto the elders side at every turn.

They were rare moments.

Quick and desperate moments, when Hongjoong couldn't tell whether it was his own heart reaching for something that wasn't even there.

It was moments like this, with San's hands on his hips and his voice pitched low against his ear that Hongjoong could feel his rationality shatter, eyes narrowing as he focused on their shadowed positions through the mirror.

"Like this, hyung." San instructed, moving his hand briefly to poke at Hongjoong's knee and fix his stance.

Hongjoong followed his lead, sliding his feet inwards in a way that made him look more fluid, but he immediately became rigid again when San's hand returned right back to the bone of his hip.

"Wait, but don't I-"

Yunho waved off his impending question.

"You turn and jog to the side of the stage once your verse is over. But make sure you turn your shoulder away and forward, following Seonghwa-hyung." His voice was low and neutral but his gaze was merciless, eyes casted in the same death glare he always resorted to during practice, when his judgement was at its peak and he watched the members dance with expectations that never felt reachable.

Hongjoong went to acknowledge Yunho with a dry throat, but San's grip on his waist tightened as he held the elder in place, smile brilliant despite the sudden roughness in his voice.

"I've got it, Yunho." He said, stepping even closer to Hongjoong when the rapper frowned in confusion, and suddenly Hongjoong couldn't breathe.

It's San, he tried to justify.

It's San and he's affectionate without reason and disgustingly touchy and straight straight straight-