know

__

__

2021

__

Despite popular belief, San was somehow, miraculously, without reason, even more adorable when he was sleeping.

San had slimmed out over the last few years, body filling in all the places you'd expect a dancer's physique to excel.

His arms were still bulky, waist small and thighs toned, but his face was what changed the most, sharpening and maturing into this man that Hongjoong sometimes didn't recognize, features almost too appealing to look at.

But when he was sleeping, every muscle in his body relaxed, the hard lines and curves of him being replaced with pouty lips and chubby cheeks, pillowy eyes drawn down where they fluttered in his sleep.

Sometimes it was hard for Hongjoong to see him like this, so at peace and young at heart, reminding him so vividly of the San he saw at auditions for the very first time.

But mostly it was just nice, warmth stirring in his chest the longer he stared.

"I'm not getting up anytime soon, so either leave or prepare to get snuggled to death." San mumbled into his pillow, jarring Hongjoong back to the real world where he flinched at the foot of San's bed, just sort of hovering.

San didn't look at him, or make a move to kick him out, and so Hongjoong drew closer with only a pinch of hesitation, smiling a little when San felt his presence and stirred against his leg.

Usually Hongjoong didn't do things like this, accept such tempting offers.

San was the one who came to him, cuddled up in his bed because he was in need, but today was different and Hongjoong was determined to push the limits, allow his heart something nice before it'd be torn to shreds, and so he fumbled over San's body and settled into bed with him, burrowing himself beneath the sheets.

San was suddenly very much awake, and very much staring at Hongjoong as though he'd just jumped into bed naked.

"Who are you and what have you done with Hongjoong-hyung?"

Hongjoong flicked San's forehead, watching the younger dart away with a scowl.

"Shut up, you offered brat." He insisted, annoyed that San would even try to make him feel embarrassed about this.

It was fine.

This was normal for them.

"Yeah, but, you never actually..." San sighed, closing his mouth, and Hongjoong decided that it was in his best interest to curl up into the younger's chest before he could continue, hiding his face just in time to feel his cheeks darken.