bombshell

__

__

2019

__

There was something about the way San walked back into the dorm the next day, with a level head and a shimmering smile, that didn't settle well with Hongjoong.

He had been completely absent the day before, off the grid and unreachable, but now he was jamming the rusted frame of their front door closed and dropping both of his duffle bags onto the floor in the living room as though nothing had happened.

His shoulders sagged, face red and flushed with embarrassment, but his smile was ravishing, reaching all the way up to send his eyes crinkling.

Hongjoong watched sharply as Yeosang met him at the door, the two colliding in a brutal clash of warm skin and pain stricken exclaims, laughter sounding both relieved and hysterical.

"San-ah!" Yeosang screamed against his ear, ignoring the violent flinch it tore from San's small body.

"Oh my god- thank fuck." He gasped out, voice shot and sore, shaking around the edges in a way that made Hongjoong's lips purse with concern from where he sat across the room, knees tucked into his sides on the couch.

San pulled Yeosang away from him, immediately noticing the tremor in his voice.

San smiled at him, soft and comforting as a disbelieving giggle rose up his throat.

He mumbled sweetly to the tan boy, pulling his sleeves down around his fingers before reaching up to wipe the sudden wetness that had appeared along Yeosang's cheeks.

He spoke quietly against his ear, stroking his hair.

"Swearing, Yeosang. What did we talk about?" He tried to correct, but the peaceful air of the room that Hongjoong had very deliberately been secluding himself in was quickly dissipating, crashing all together once Yeosang's sobs had alarmed the rest of the household.

The other members came rushing in all at once, panic shifting into world tipping delight the moment they caught sight of San hovering by the front door.

Hongjoong didn't make a move to get up.

"Fuck what we talked about. You're staying!" Yeosang said, throwing his arms around San once again.

San laughed against his side and embraced him warmly, face instinctively fitting nicely into the hollow of his shoulder.

San's eyes scoured the room, taking in each member as if checking them off his list, assuring himself that they were still in fact there.