-CHAPTER THIRTY THREE-

September 3rd, 2013

September 3rd, 2013

Third Person POV

Calum stepped off the bus and let out a huge sigh, "Rough day?" Luke asked walking up beside his best friend.

"Rough week." Calcum corrected, "Kyra's starting the get on my nerves. She's always on the phone with someone..." Calum paused looking at Luke, "...and our walls are really thin so I can hear everything and it's not very flattering."

Luke scoffed, "Girls, am I right?" Calum shot Luke a harsh look making Luke gulp, "So, uh...where is Kyra?" Luke changed the subject as the walked the school halls.

"Oh, she told me she's gonna be late to school today cause she's getting her hair dyed." Calum answered.

"Ooh, what color?" Luke questioned, Calum shrugged as Ashton and Michael joined them.

"Green highlights." Ashton answered earning weird looks from the others, "What? It's not my problem she tells me stuff." Ashton held his hands up in defense.

"Yeah, okay. So, I've been working on this song." Luke changed the subject again, "It's called 'Try Hard' and it's about this--" Luke was cut off when the bell rang, Luke rolled his eyes and turned back to his friends, "I'll tell you guys later."

---

Later in the day, Kyra walked through the school with new green highlights in her hair. She smiled proudly as people stopped to stare. Soon enough, she found her four friends sitting in their normal spot. Luke was the first to notice her and when he did his eyes lit up.

"Luke? Are you listening?" Michael said waving his hands in front of Luke's face, Luke shook his head. The others grew curious so they turned around and spotted Kyra, all their jaws dropped, all except for Calum's.

"Guys, please stop drooling over my sister." Calum groaned in disgust.

Ashton smiled and stood up walking towards Kyra. Luke snapped out of his trance as Ashton gave Kyra a soft kiss, Luke quickly looked away as Calum slapped Michael across the back of his head.

"You know, it isn't nice to stare." Kyra chuckled as she sat down across from Luke.

Luke tensed up, "I wasn't staring! I was eating strawberries!" Luke defended rather quickly.

"Dude, calm down. I was only kidding." Kyra laughed causing Luke to sigh in relief.

"So, what rhymes with tattoo?" Luke changed the subject for the third time that day, Kyra reached over and grabbed Luke's song book and read through the lyrics quickly before picking up a pen.

"But she keeps it covered." Kyra spoke out loud as she wrote before handing the book back to Luke.

Luke smiled and looked up at Kyra, "You see, that's why you're my song writing buddy." Luke chuckled.