-CHAPTER FORTY THREE-

October 5th, 2014

October 5th, 2014

Kyra's POV

I was sad. Today marked the last day of touring with One Direction. I was having fun and I didn't want it to end, but sadly all good things must come to an end.

I stood backstage, gripping my microphone tightly. We were about to go on, and I was panicking.

Luke rubbed my back comfortingly, "you'll be fine." He reassured me, I looked over at him and gave him a slight smile and nodded before we got called on stage.

———

I sighed heavily as I walked off stage, Luke hugged me tightly.

"Now, it's time for the fun part. Watching One Direction perform." Luke smiled at me as 1D walked on stage.

———

After the concert, we said our goodbyes to 1D. I didn't want it to be over, I didn't know when I was gonna see them again so I gave each of them long hugs until Luke had to eventually pull me away.

———

January 1st, 2015
Kyra's POV

New year, new me. I was happy to finally say that I'm graduating this year, although I don't have a date for the formal and I have no friends other then the guys.

I didn't wanna go back to school. But this year is was all gonna be, formal this, formal that. I'm going with this guy, he asked me out! It's a bunch of bullshit in my opinion.

At least that's what I thought until I met Marcus. Dreamy blue eyes and beautiful blonde hair. I guess I have a type.

He was new to school, so I wanted to make a good impression and hanging out with a bunch of guys probably wasn't the best idea.

"I'm telling you guys, he likes me back!" I told the guys as we walked through the hall.

"Even if he did like you back, he looks like to much of a pussy to ask you out anyways." Luke said rolling his eyes.

"Then...I'll make the first move!" I exclaimed, "I'll drop a pencil in class."

"You watch too many movies." Ashton laughed, "I'll see you guys later." Ashton said going his seperate way.

"Dropping a pencil? Oh, please!" Luke scoffed.

"Oh, yeah? What do you think I should do?" I questioned, Calum and Michael shared a knowing look.

"Let him come to you." Luke shrugged.

"That's boring! Maybe I should ask him to the formal!" I said excitedly as me and Luke walked into class and Michael and Calum went their separate ways.

"Kyra! I'm glad you're here!" Mr. Brown exclaimed as I began to walk to my desk, "I would like you to show Marcus around." My eyes widened as I looked back at Luke.

I nodded, "Hi, I'm Kyra." I greeted.

"Marcus." He smiled shyly.

"Here's a hall pass, I expect you to be back before the end of this period." Mr. Brown said as he handed me a piece of paper.

"Yes, sir." I nodded looking towards Luke who gave me a look that said 'don't leave me, bitch' I only shrugged and leaded Marcus out the door.

———

November 15th, 2015
Kyra's POV

It was 5 more days until graduation, 8 more days until the formal. Me and Marcus had gotten quite close over the last few months but he still hasn't asked me to the formal.

"Kyra, he's gonna ask you!" Michael stated, obviously annoyed by me.

"But what if he doesn't?!" I panicked, "I'm gonna die alone, aren't I?" I received no answer, "oh my god, I'm gonna die alone!"

"You aren't gonna die alone!" Calum exclaimed, "if he dies t ask you, Luke will take you." Luke's eyes widened as he glared at my brother.

"Oh, will I now?" Luke questioned earning a hit in the ribs by Michael, "of course I will." Luke groaned in pain before my phone chimed.

"He messaged me." I paused.

"So...what'd he say?" Ashton asked impatiently.

"For me to meet him at the park!" I screamed before running out the door.

"Wait, Kyra!" Luke called out to me, "and she's gone..."

———

I arrived at the park and looked around for Marcus, I almost gave up when I saw him nowhere but then my phone rung.

"Hey, Marcus. Where are you?" I asked.

"Behind you." He answered, i furrowed my eyebrows and turned around and there he stood with a big cardboard sign that read "will you be my date to the formal" I felt like I wanted to cry, but I held my tears back as I just nodded and hugged him.