-CHAPTER FORTY ONE-

April 1st, 2014

April 1st, 2014

Third Person POV

Luke woke with a start as he heard his phone ring, he reached over and grabbed his phone before reading the caller ID, 'Harry Styles' the caller ID read making Luke groan before answering.

"Hello." Luke greeted.

"Luke! Hey! Me and the boys have a question." Harry stated, Luke rubbed his eyes.

"Yeah?" Luke questioned.

"Would 5 Seconds of Summer like to open for us on tour?" Harry asked hopefully making Luke's eyes widen in shock.

"Oh my god, yeah. That would be great." Luke laughed happily.

"Great! The tour starts on the 25th and ends on the 5th of October. Your flight is scheduled for the 23rd of April." Harry explained.

"Awesome! I'll tell the others." Luke smiled.

"Brilliant! Oh, but don't tell Kyra. We want to surprise her. If she asks say something stupid like you always do." Harry chuckled.

"Got it." Luke replied.

"Good. I'll send you the flight details and I'll see you soon." Harry said before he hung up the phone call.

Luke sighed before he ran over to the boys who were sleeping on the lounge.

"Guys! Wake up!" Luke whispered trying not to wake Kyra who was sleeping in the other room.

"For fuck sake, Luke. What time is it?" Michael groaned.

"8am." Luke shrugged making the boys groan, "but this is important. I just got a call from Harry Styles." Luke sighed making the boys sit up.

"What'd he say?" Calum asked.

"He wants us to open for their 'Where we are' tour!" Luke exclaimed in hope not to wake Kyra making the boys jump up in surprise.

"What?!" Ashton exclaimed in shock making Luke shush him.

"We can't tell Kyra, though." Luke whispered.

"Tell me what?" A familiar voice asked making the boys turn around.

"Look what you've done." Calum said hitting Ashton in the back of the head.

Luke rolled his eyes, "Uh...we're going to Columbia!"

"What?! Seriously?" Kyra asked in shock, "why?"

Luke looked at the boys for help, "because we're 5 Seconds of Summer. We have privileges." Michael stated proudly.

"Yeah. The only problem is you're going to miss a lot of school." Luke said scratching the back of his neck anxiously, "we leave on the 23rd and we return on the 6th..." Luke trailed off.

"Of May? That's not that bad." Kyra shrugged.

"No. Of October.." Luke said before hiding behind Calum.

"October?! What the fuck!!" Kyra screamed before sighing, "as long as we're back before graduation, I don't care." Kyra smiled.

"We'll be back way before then." Ashton smiled.

"Great! Than I better start packing!" Kyra said before running towards her bedroom and grabbing a suitcase.

"I think we pulled that off." Michael smirked.

"Yeah, Good thing Kyra's delusional." Luke rolled his eyes.

———

April 23rd, 2014

Third Person POV

Kyra woke up bright and early, leaning over to turn off her alarm before she jumped out of bed and quickly picked out an outfit and then doing her makeup.

"Rise and shine, boys!" Kyra yelled as she opened the blinds to reveal the small sunlight peaking through the clouds making the boys groan, "we to be at the airport soon!" Kyra exclaimed as she ran into the kitchen.

"Fuck..." Michael groaned, "if she this excited now imagine how she gonna be when she sees Harry." Michael chuckled earning a glare from Luke, "but Kyra would always choose you, Lukey." Luke rolled his eyes and he stood up and walked into the kitchen.

"Hey, Luke! I made pancakes." Kyra smiled before going to place her hand on the, still very hot, stove but Luke quickly stopped her but grabbing her hands and leading her away from the stove after he switched it off.

"Okay. Kyra, I know you're excited but tone it down a notch." Luke attempted to calm her down.

"But we're going to Columbia! I physically can't tone it down." Kyra smiled widely.

"Kyra. What's going on? I haven't seen you this excited since you last saw Harry Styles." Luke said sadly making Kyra's face drop slightly.

"I'm fine, Luke. I've just never been out to Columbia and I've always wanted to go there, so I'm a bit excited." Kyra looked down embarrassed, Luke looked at her with sad eyes before grabbing her chin lightly making her face him.

Kyra's brown eyes met his bright blue ones and Kyra was speechless, she never knew how blue his eyes were until that moment.

"Did someone make pancakes?!" Michael burst in making Luke and Kyra look away from each other as the boys joined them at the kitchen counter.

Kyra smiled as the boys stuffed there faces before her eyes met the clock, "Shit, we gotta go guys." Kyra said grabbing her massive suitcase and walking out the door, the boys following behind.

———

Kyra sighed as she sat down in her seat on the plane, she looked out the window and suddenly forgot that she was afraid of flying.

Her breathing got heavier as a flight attendant announced that it was almost ready for take off.

"Hey, you okay?" Luke questioned worriedly from beside Kyra.

"Yeah. I just, I...um...forgot how much I don't like flying." Kyra breathed and out of instinct Luke grabbing her hand softly and her breathing instantly calmed down.

"Just hold my hand. It's gonna be okay." Luke assured with a smile that made Kyra's heart melt.

Kyra sighed deeply but nodded nevertheless, jumping ever so slightly as the plane took off before she rested her head on Luke's shoulder.