-CHAPTER THIRTY FOUR-

September 10th, 2013

Third Person POV

Kyra walked down the stairs quickly as Ashton continuously honked his car horn, "Geez! I'm coming!" Kyra yelled as she grabbed her backpack.

"Hey, Kyra. Before you go..." Natasha, Kyra's mum, stopped her.

"Yeah, mum I gotta go Ashton's here to pick me up." Kyra said quickly.

"Yeah, about that...I don't want you seeing him anymore." Nat blurted making Kyra's eyes go wide.

"What do you mean? What? Why?" Kyra stuttered out.

"Well, for one he's old than you and—" Nat started.

"Why the fuck does that matter?!" Kyra yelled.

"—I also know you've been sneaking him in at night. All I'm saying is he's a bad influence on you." Nat explained calmly.

"What is happening?! You want me to break up with my boyfriend because he's a 'bad influence' and he's 'to old for me'?" Kyra asked in disbelief earning a nod from Nat, "this is bullshit!" Nat glared at her daughter making her sigh, "look, I get that you're worried but I'm not a little kid anymore, mum."

"You aren't a superhero either." Nat replied bitterly making Kyra roll her eyes and walk out the door, "don't walk away from me when I'm talking to you!"

"What? Sorry, I can't hear you!" Kyra called out as she got into Ashton's car.

"What was that about?" Ashton questioned.

"Just drive." Kyra sighed resting her head on the window.

"Roger that." Ashton nodded before driving down the street.

———

September 13th, 2013

Third Person POV

The weekend had finally arrived and Kyra was relieved, Nat was still mad at her from their fight and Kyra kept refusing to break up with Ashton.

She now sat in Luke's garage as the band worked on their new song 'Try Hard'.

Kyra looked over Luke's shoulder as he wrote another lyric, "I play guitar but she's into drummers." Kyra read aloud before nodding and turning towards Luke who looked nervous, "I like it." Kyra hit Luke lightly on the shoulder before walking over to Ashton and sitting down.

"Dude, it's so obvious that this song's about Kyra." Michael whispered to Luke as he rolled his eyes.

"No it isn't." Luke said rather quickly earning a look from Calum and Michael, "Kyra doesn't have a tattoo." Luke shrugged.

"We aren't stupid." Calum stated before rethinking his wording, "okay, we may be a little stupid but we know when you have a crush. It was obvious with Eliana and it's always been obvious with Kyra." Luke sighed and put down his song book.

"Why does it matter anyways? She's dating Ashton." Luke shrugged, Calum and Michael shared a look.

"Sorry, bud." Michael said not knowing what else to say, Luke looked at his two friends.

"I don't care, she's my best friend. It's not like they're just gonna leave and go on a date. They wouldn't abandon us like that." Luke said simply as he picked up his song book.

Ashton stood up, his hand grasping Kyra's, "Hey, we're gonna go get ice cream. See you guys later." Ashton smiled before dragging Kyra along, Michael and Calum looked towards Luke.

"I stand corrected.."