Chapter 3

For tonight I picked my pleated blue mid-length skirt, with a matching blue jacket, a white button-up dress shirt, and a dark purple bolo tie. I was having trouble tying it properly so I walked over to my Papa's bedroom to see if he could help me. I knocked on the door and waited for him to answer, "What is it?" he asked with the same kind smile he always has as he opened the door. "Papa, can you help me with my tie? I'm having trouble with it" I said showing it to him. Chuckling, he said, "Of course, my Piccola Principessa let me just change my shirt and get my tie". I walked in and looked at myself in the mirror he had beside his walk-in closet, most people think it's weird for a girl to want to wear a suit and tie, but Papa says, "People just don't know good style when they see it". I saw in my reflection that Papa had gone into the bathroom to change his shirt. When he came out, he had a white button-up dress shirt like mine and a black bowtie in his right hand. 

This is what Michelle will be wearing except instead of sneakers it will be dress shoes.

Author's Note: This is what her jacket looks like.

He stood next to me facing the mirror, "Ok to tie a regular bow tie all you gotta do is: Place it on your neck with the collar of your shirt up, and make sure that neither side of the tie is longer; Cross the left side of the tie over the right si...

He stood next to me facing the mirror, "Ok to tie a regular bow tie all you gotta do is: Place it on your neck with the collar of your shirt up, and make sure that neither side of the tie is longer; Cross the left side of the tie over the right side; then pull the left side of the tie through the neck loop; Fold the right side of the tie over your shoulder as much as you can; Then you want to bring the left side of the tie over the middle of the bow; After that make the left side into the shape of a bow; Pass it through the loop behind the right side of the tie; Last, you pull everything you folded and Presto you have a bow!" Papa exclaimed after he was finished. "Do you think you can do it by yourself, Principessa?" he asked looking straight at me. "I think so," I said as I did exactly what he showed me while facing the mirror and making sure I followed each step Papa showed me. After a few minutes I pulled, and it was a perfect bow tie. Sure enough, it looked just like his except for a bit thinner and dark purple. Papa chuckled, "Very good, darling," he said before he kissed my cheek. Papa had gone back into the bathroom to change his shirt back into the one he was wearing earlier, except thinner and dark purple. 

This is the what her bow tie looks like.

Then we heard the doorbell ring, we knew our dinner guests had arrived

Then we heard the doorbell ring, we knew our dinner guests had arrived. I realized I forgot to put on the new black heels that Papa bought me for my birthday last year, so I went to my room to put them on. By the time I got downstairs I saw Papa open the front doors, "Welcome to my home" he said to the Simpson family. "Must have cost a fortune" Mrs. Simpson said as she looked around the foyer. "Actually, you can really keep costs down when you don't pay for materials or labor...or permits...or land," Papa said although I'm not sure that was such a good idea to say something so incriminating to our dinner guests. Mr. Simpson looked at the artwork on the walls, "Wow, your paintings have brush marks. And your statutes have wieners!" he exclaimed in awe. "Your words honor my family," Papa said folding his hands in appreciation for Mr. Simpson's praise.

Papa led us to the dining room where dinner was waiting for all of us, what Papa didn't know was that I had made Souffles for everyone as a surprise dessert. We sat down as my Papa raised his glass of wine, "In the words of the country: Mangiare, i miei amici!" which literally translates to "Eat, my Friends!" in Italian. Mr. Simpson chuckled, "He's talkin' like the guy in Fat Albert. Howba areba youba?" he said imitating someone on an old TV show I didn't recognize the name of. "Homer!" Mrs. Simpson scolded her husband as she stomped on his foot under the table for his rude behavior. "Ow! Whyba youba doba thatba?" he asked in pain, still impersonating that character from that old show. As we ate, we saw car lights go by from the large windows in the dining room. One of my Papa's henchmen Louie came in, "Boss, the Calebresis are here for the sit-down". Papa got up from his seat at the table and excused himself for a little bit while the rest of us continued eating our dinner. After everyone finished, I remembered the Soufflés I left out cooling for our dessert. I excused myself from my chair by taking off my jacket and leaving it there so it wouldn't get dirty and tying my hair back with a white hair tie I put away in my jacket's front pocket so my hair wouldn't get in the food.