Chapter 10

Just to let everyone know this will be another short chapter, hope you like it, and remember to leave a comment.

Before going to bed that night, I made sure to call Johnny so that he could take me over to the tire yard fire pit so that I could get rid of the recipe just in case the police got suspicious about my claims.

Friday morning as Lisa and I got ready for school, Mrs. Simpson told me she could take me to the hospital after school so my Papa and I could go home. I told her thank you for all her hospitality and counted the minutes until I could see my Papa again. When school finally let out for the day I ran as fast as I could to Mrs. Simpson's car. I waited patiently for Lisa and Bart to get in the car; it was just Lisa and I getting picked up because Bart was in detention again. When I got to the hospital Johnny and Louie were waiting there to escort me to where Papa was; I asked Mrs. Simpson if Lisa could come over to help me study my science homework and she said yes and so did Lisa; she agreed to drive over to our house while I went to see my Papa. I went to his room and saw him with a sling on his arm, the doctor said Papa was going to be using that sling for about 5 days until he got his strength back up. Louie got the car ready while Johnny, Papa, and I walked to the car when we got in the backseat, I hugged Papa as hard as I could. I told him about what I did to the Calabresis and he said we would talk more once he was more comfortable at home.

Once we got to the house Lisa was outside waving at us, Papa went to his bedroom to change into his pajamas, and then he called me and Lisa in as well.