Chapter 7

I walked out of the chapel to meet Louie who led me to where Papa's room was now that he was out of surgery. As he led me, I looked out the window and didn't even realize it was already morning. Johnny handed me a bag with a change of clothes so I wouldn't ruin my suit, I thanked him, and I went to the bathroom to change into my regular school outfit: a light blue shirt, light gray skirt, and brown loafers.

Papa's Doctor: Dr. Hibert said to me, "Your father's gonna be absolutely fine in about three months. But for now, he can't talk, write, or blink." finishing off with a laugh that I thought wasn't very tasteful. "With Fat Tony doing the morphine mambo, the Calabresis are gonna try to put him down for a dirt nap," Johnny said as he feared for the life of his Boss. "What am I gonna do now?" I asked myself as Papa's henchmen sat around me on the couch of the waiting room. "Kid, the only way you're gonna live to grow shprazoot on your abonjoola is if you take your dad's place. Let's go." Johnny said as he led Louie and Legs out. Now something you should know about me is that I speak Italian, Spanish, and English fluently but what Legs just said to me made no sense whatsoever.

"Hey, can we go by the Lexus place? I want to test drive that new hybrid." Louie asked Johnny and Legs. "You are a hybrid: half idiot, half moron," Johnny told him while poking his chest. "Whoa! Where did that come from? Whoa!" Louie exclaimed at that comeback he made.

"I don't know what to do," I said aloud feeling very alone with my Papa. "This is all my daughter's fault. But I'll make it up to you. Bart and I will run your business till your dad's okay." Mr. Simpson said. "Well, what do you know about being a mob boss?" I asked him as I was worried about his life because being a mob boss is dangerous work. "Everything! And I learned it from the greatest gangster film ever: Shark Tale." Mr. Simpson said and with that statement alone I could tell that this was going to be an interesting 3 months.

After Mrs. Simpson told me about how I would be staying with the family until my dad got better, I asked her if I could pack some stuff to take with me. "Of course, sweetheart. I'll take you home myself." She told me comfortingly. We drove home and that's when I ran up to my bedroom to pack a suitcase. I got my pink suitcase and packed 3 different pairs of PJs, clothes for school, a sleeping bag, and my favorite pillow which was hiding my stuffed wolf toy that my mom made for me before I was born. Hiding it in my pillow is the only way I sleep with it without anyone knowing, except my Papa of course. I headed back downstairs and went with Mrs. Simpson over to her house, I thought it would honestly be just a relaxing 3 months since I did not have to worry about my Dad's illegal line of work. But little did I know that whether I liked it or not I could not escape the Mafia Blood that runs through my veins.

This is what Michelle's Stuffed Toy Looks like:

Hope you enjoyed this Chapter remember to leave a comment