Chapter 12

After about 30 minutes I sent the bullies on their way so Lisa and I could talk in private. I found her in the foyer looking at one of our paintings. "Hey, I'm sorry for what I said before. If you never want to speak to me again, I understand." I told her. "I still want to be friends with you Michelle, I mean the two of us to have a lot in common." She said smiling and looking at me directly. I chuckled when she said that, "Yeah, we don't have many friends, and no one really knows us outside our families." "So, do you want to come to my room to go over my science homework?" I asked her. "Sure, let's go," Lisa said as I led her to my room.

"This is your room?!" Lisa said shockingly. "Yeah, would you believe that my dad's room is twice as elegant as this?" I told her. "And have you really read all these books?" she asked looking at the immense bookcase that surrounded my bed. "Most of them, but since some of them are comic books, I doubt that they count as books." I told her as I pulled out a comic entitled "Bingo Lovers" from the right side of the shelf. "So, do you want to go over science or what?" I asked. "Is the nucleus the powerhouse of the cell?" she asked me. "The answer to that is yes, right?" I said wondering if the previous time she tutored me had paid off. She clapped happily saying, "Yes, that's exactly right!" Lisa exclaimed joyfully as we high-fived each other. An hour later we finished going over my science homework, and her mom came to pick her up. The two of us agreed to meet up every Friday to study and then have a sleepover. Our parents agreed without question, thankfully.