Fifteen - Confusion

I will regret it. No matter how much I want him right now, I can't bring myself to do it. I know what I'm about to say to him will hurt him.

"I can't, Charles. Its not fair for Max and Charlotte. ", i said. "before i met you again i was so sure about max. and now you're back in my life turning everything upside down. I'm not even sure I've ever gotten over you. I can't do that on max. I can't do this to you and neither can I do it to myself."

"I understand."

"How can you not feel bad about Charlotte?"

"Because our relationship was already crumbling before you. We fight every day. she's a loving person but it's not working out between us anymore."

"then why didn't you break up with her?"

"'Cause if I broke up now, she'd think it's because of you. And it would be partly because of you"

"Why?"

"are you that blind? Because I'm getting feelings for you again. you were my first love You were my greatest weakness and you still are. With you I get weak immediately. And I wasn't happy for a long time until you came back into my life. It's killing me inside to see you with Max.", he said and sat back down on the bed.

I didn't know what to say. My heart jumped for joy but at the same time it broke.

"You feel something for me too. Be honest with me and with yourself."

Either feelings develop again or they never really went away. I'm so confused.

"I do. but it's so complicated. I don't want to hurt Max."

"So you'd rather hurt me?"

"no!", I don't t know what to do.

"Be honest with yourself. do you love him?"

"I don't know.", i confess. I have feelings for Max but i don't know if its love.

"then why are you with him? Why?", he asked.

"'Cause I thought I was over you", I tried to hold back my tears. failed.

"I'm gonna break up with charlotte. What you do is up to you. But make up your mind. You shouldn't lie to Max. It will hurt him more than you breaking up with him. And as for me, don't think of me when you decide. You should do it for yourself. not for me.", he said and i nodded.

"Good night Charles."

"Good night Azalea."

I walked back to my room. Max wasn't there. I decided to write him a message.

 I decided to write him a message