Prologue

Ash hurled his backpack over his shoulder. It contained what was left of his life. With a piece of paper with an address written on one hand and ten dollars in the other, Ash boarded the bus. Just twenty miles away from where he is, is the new start of his life for the better or worse. There was chatter on the bus but ASh couldn't hear them. His mind was too focused on what was ahead of him.

He doesn't even know what his job description was. All he knew is that he was getting to live in a big house with all his necessities met. It even comes with health insurance and when he called the number earlier, the lady on the other line also said that he would be given his own car to run errands. When he asked what his job was going to be, all she answered was, "You're going to do what he wants you to do."

Ash had a feeling that he was going to be doing sexual favors to whoever it was the lady was talking about, but he had to suck it up. He's desperate. Ash was not able to finish high school and was kicked out by his parents after they found out he was gay. It was good riddance for Ash. His parents made sure to make it known to him that they never wanted a child. Ash doesn't understand why his mother didn't choose to abort him or put him up for adoption if they never wanted him.

The bus ride went quicker than expected. He unboarded the bus and looked at the address written on the paper once again. There was no other way to get to the house other than walking so with a defeated sigh, Ash went on his way. The place was almost barren. On his way there, there were barely any people around and when he asked the few where the address was, they all just shrugged so Ash just hoped for the best. 

After a few minutes of walking, a large gate came into his view. He quickly wiped off the sweat on his forehead and tried his best to look presentable before walking up to the gate and ringing the doorbell. Ash felt kind of freaked out when the gates opened on their own. He saw no one else so he walked into the property, looking around, hoping that someone would come to greet him so he didn't look like a lost lamb.

A man who looked to be in his fifties walked out, wearing an impeccable suit and Ash had never felt so underdressed. He was wearing a shirt and a pair of jeans with a tattered coat. As he neared the door, the man bowed and motioned for him to go inside. 

"Welcome to the Montgomery household Mr. Williams. I'm Sir Edford, the manor's butler. Madam Joanne is waiting for you in the living room," Sir Edford said, leading Ash inside the house.

Ash silently followed into the living room. He was too nervous to even pay attention to the house's interior. He appreciated the warmth radiating inside the house but he knew he might not even get to enjoy it for long unless everything went well. They reached the living room and Madam Joanne greeted him with a warm smile.

"Welcome to the Montgomery Household, Ash." Madam Joanne greeted, eyeing Ash from head to toe. "You're perfect for this job."