Chapter 9

Basil managed to sneak away from Ash for just a few minutes to check on how Joanne was doing. He walked out to the backyard to get some fresh air. Edford informed him that she just got out of the operating room and they see no complications that may arrive in the future. Basil informed Edford to let Joanne stay at the penthouse for a while before coming back here. They needed to sort out the situation with Ash first. He also informed Edford to let everyone else stay at the penthouse before Ash ends up hurting someone else again.

It may sound awful but it was necessary. He was too scared to go and tell them himself in fear that Ash may pop out of nowhere and go ballistic again. As soon as Basil went back inside the home, a familiar yet unpleasant scent hit his senses. He rushed back to Ash's room to find someone else on top of him. Ash was still completely passed out but Basil knew it was because of something else. 

"Get the fuck of off him!" Basil growled, pulling the man away from Ash.

The man stared down at Basil, smirking at him with blood dripping down his lips. 

"Nice to see you again my beloved," he said as he reached to touch Basil's cheek but his hand was pushed away.

"What did you do to him?" Basil asked.

"Just a little sedative. I heard there was someone special in your home so I came to visit and boy was I right," the man chuckled.

His laughs soon turned into violent coughing as blood was being forced out of his body. Basil watched in horror as the man continuously vomited pools of blood on the floor. Basil quickly turned his attention to Ash. He was still unconscious but the bite mark on his neck started to heal. 

He carried Ash out of the room to keep him away from the man. He made sure that Ash was safely secured in his room before going back. Basil found the man laying with his back on the floor, laughing maniacly. He got up from the floor and threw himself on Basil.

"Get the fuck off me, Amos!" Basil growled. 

"That's not how you treat your former beloved," Amos teased with a smile as he pulled away.

"You got blood all over me. What the fuck happened to you?" Basil asked. 

Amos smiled as he placed his blood-covered hands on Basil's cheeks. 

"I can be your beloved again," he said as he gently caressed Basil's cheeks.

"You're fucking delusional to think that," Basil scoffed, pushing Amos away from him again. "You chose to be a vampire, remember?" 

"Not anymore," Amos said as he stepped closer to Basil once again. "I came here just to mess with you but your new consort. He's something special."

"What do you know about him?" Basil asked. 

"I know nothing about him personally. I didn't even know his blood would do this to me," Amos chuckled. "The others are looking for him too. His scent is intoxicating to everyone so if I were you, I'd be more careful. I got in here way too easily."

"Do what to you?"

"Turn me back to a human."

Basil bursted out laughing. It was absurd. Once you choose to become a vampire, there is no way you'll be human again. Amos sighed and dug his nail into his skin. His blood started to seep out and the scent filled the room. Basil abruptly stopped laughing and watched the blood seep out of the wound but it smelled foul to him, making him nauseous. 

"It's not healing. I'm human again, Basil. we could start over again," Amos pleaded. 

He stepped closer to Basil and he almost retched as Amos' scent infiltrated his senses.