Chapter 8

Basil laid naked on the couch with Ash on top of him, fast asleep. He was pretty sure the whole house had heard the two of them as they made love until sundown. None of the other staff had entered the living room while the two of them were there and Basil was more than thankful for that. He carefully sat up with Ash still on top of him. He carefully adjusted him into his arms before carrying him up the stairs. 

He took him to his bathroom and gently cleaned him up, careful not to wake Ash before clothing him and laying him down on the bed. Once Ash was settled, Basil looked in the mirror and once again, saw gold flecks and red in his eyes that were gradually fading. Basil needed answers but he doesn't know where he could get them. 

Basil let out a sigh of exhaustion before taking a shower. More questions arise with each day that passes and the fewer answers they have. Basils stepped out of the shower and dried himself off with a towel. Two arms wrapped around his waist as he dried his hair. 

"I miss you," Ash whispered as he inhaled his scent.

"I just took a shower," Basil chuckled, wrapping the towel around his waist. 

"I woke up and you weren't there," he whined. "You smell so good."

"Let's get you back to bed."

Basil had to waddle their way back to the bed since Ash didn't want to let go. He had to sleep naked because Ash had a tight grip around his waist. Even when they awoke the next day, Ash insisted on them having a shower together. He had completely neglected his work and wouldn't go more than a foot away from Basil.

Ash was getting worse. He wanted Basil every second and it was driving Basil crazy. He could no longer spare time to look into what was happening. 

"Basil, we need to talk," Joanne said as she placed her hand on Basil's shoulder. 

In a split second, Ash's hand was wrapped tightly around her wrist until they heard a snap. Joanne screamed in pain as Ash glared down at her, his grip on her wrist not loosening.

"Ash! Let go of her!" Basil bellowed out but Ash didn't budge.

Joanne fainted from the pain and she fell limp. Ash finally let go of her wrist, causing Joanne to slump down on the floor. 

"What the fuck did you do?!" Basil yelled in anger.

Ash stood there dumbfounded. Not because he almost snapped Joanne's wrist in half, it was because Basil was angered by his actions. Tears brimmed his eyes as Basil yelled at him. Edford had to step in and take Joanne to the hospital. He grabbed Ash's arm and dragged him back to his room.

"You're hurting me, Basil!" Ash screamed in pain but it was ignored. 

Ash tried to ask what was going on but his pleas fell on deaf ears. Basil slammed him against the wall and Ash could feel the pain radiating on his back.

"Please stop hurting me," Ash pleaded as tears fell down his face.

"Nobody hurts the people in my family. Not even once!" 

Basil wrapped his hand around Ash's neck, slowly cutting off his air supply. Ash tried to talk but Basil's hand around his neck prevented him from doing so. His anger was scaring him. Ash didn't know what possessed him to snap Joanne's wrist in half. When her hand touched Basil's shoulder, he felt an ungodly amount of rage that he had never felt before. 

His vision was starting to blur as the air was continuously blocked from entering his lungs. He could feel Basil's hand loosening around his neck. The next thing he knew, he fell down on the floor and so did Basil. Ash desperately coughed for air and Basil was doing the same. He could feel his own neck constricting as he was choking Ash.

Basil couldn't understand what was going on. It's as if they were sharing their pain. If one of them gets hurt, so will the other one. Basil slowly got off the floor and he witnessed how the bruises on ASh's neck quickly healed. 

"I'm so sorry, Basil. I don't what got into me," Ash apologized as soon as he was able to catch his breath. "I didn't like her touching you."

Basil didn't know what to say. He just stood up and walked out of the room but Ash quickly followed him and wrapped his arms around his torso, preventing him from leaving. 

"Don't leave me, please," Ash begged.

"I need some time away from you until we figure this all out," Basil said as he pulled away from Ash despite his protests. 

Ash's vision turned red. His heart was burning in anger and betrayal. 

"No!" Ash screamed so loudly that it shook the room. "You are not leaving me alone!" he cried out and Basil could feel the ground shake.

"Ash you need to calm down," Basil said in an attempt to pacify ASh. 

His eyes were slowly turning white and his veins were turning blue against his skin. Basil was dumbfounded. If he couldn't calm Ash down, who knows what will happen? Everything was happening so fast and with each scene happening, more and more questions arise. Basil did one thing he was sure to calm Ash. 

He grabbed the back of his neck and pressed his lips against his. He could feel Ash slowly relax against his hold as he wrapped his arms around his neck. 

"I will never hurt Joanne again, I promise," mumbled against his lips. "But please, never leave me. I don't want you to leave me."

Ash slowly pulled away and looked into Basil's eyes. His eyes had returned to normal. Basil was still baffled by what he saw. First his unexpected strength and now this. His emotions must be fueling whatever power he might possess. 

"I won't leave you, I promise," Basil blindly promises. 

"I'm really sorry about Joanne," Ash muttered. 

"We'll talk to her when she gets back but you need to able to control yourself. We can't let that happen again," Basil said.

He was still angered with what Ash had done but he had to put on a calm facade. He doesn't know what Ash is capable of and it seems like their time is running out. 

"What am I, Basil?" Ash asked with confusion and fear evident on his face. 

"I don't know, Ash. That's what we're trying to figure out," Basil replied. 

"Am I a monster?" 

"No, no," he shook his head. "You're not a monster. You're something special," Basil tried to reassure Ash. "Let's go and rest, okay?" 

Basil gently guided Ash to the bed and laid him down. He got a message from Sir Edford that Joanne would need surgery to fix her wrist. Ash managed to fracture her bones. Basil could feel his anger rising again but he tried his best to keep calm. There was something going on with Ash that he couldn't control. He needed to find out what it was, and fast.

Basil needed to protect his family and it was clear that Ash's attachment was stronger than his. He had to protect his family and Ash from himself. It didn't take long for Ash to fall asleep with his hand tightly wrapped around Basil's. Susanne soon knocked on his door and brought them some food.

It was clear that she was scared of Ash and Basil hated it. He didn't want anyone in this house living in fear. Susanne didn't even make small talk, she just placed down their food and left. Basil sighed in disappointment. There is an urgency to fix all of this and the line where to start just keeps getting blurry. Everything seemed like a roller coaster, he just hopes that they could figure this all out before anything worse happens.