Chapter 5

"Did you know that this was going to happen?" 

"No, I didn't know."

"What are we supposed to do?"

"I don't know."

"What do you mean, you don't know, Joanne?"

"I meant I don't fucking know!" Joanne exclaimed. "They seem to breathing fine so let's just wait for them to wake up," she said before storming out of the room.

Sir Edford took one last look at Ash and Basil laying on the bed unconscious before following Joanne outside of the room.

"What do you think this means?" Sir Edford asked. 

"I don't know. Please stop asking me questions," Joanne replied in exasperation.

"You have to know something. You're the one who saw something special in that kid," he retorted.

"I just thought he could be someone that Basil could commit to this time. He needed to stop being a pussy for someone who's centuries old," Joanne muttered.

"You must've seen something else. That can't be the only reason," Edford pushed. 

"What other reasons do I have then?" she asked in annoyance.

"I don't know."

"I don't know," Joanne said in a mocking voice. "Where are the others?"

"I told them to stay back in their rooms. I'll call them when we know what to do next," Edford sighed. 

"Edford."

The two whipped their heads in the direction of the voice and found Basil standing there, looking normal. His red eyes have returned to normal and the wounds from his hands had healed. Joanne took out a pocket knife and walked over to Basil before grabbing his arm and making a small cut on his skin.

"Hey!" Basil exclaimed as he pulled his hand away from Joanne. 

"Your blood's back to normal," Joanne sighed in relief. 

"What do you mean?" Basil asked. 

"You don't remember?" Edford asked.

"Remember what?"

Joanne and Edford looked at each other in confusion. Edford motioned for Basil to follow him and they went down to the basement. Basil saw the blood on his coffin, or he thinks that it was his blood. It was still black in color. 

"You drank blood from Ash and then your eyes turned bright red. You wanted more of his blood so I had to detain you," Edford explained. 

"Shit," Basil muttered under his breath. 

He swiped a bit of blood from the coffin and inhaled its scent. "It still smells like Ash's blood."

"What?"

"I remember being in this coffin. My blood smelled exactly like Ash's blood but when I took a taste, that's when I started having difficulty breathing. I couldn't remember much before or after that," Basil said. 

"Is Ash awake?" Edford asked.

"No, he's still asleep. Do you think he remembers something?" he asked.

"I'm not sure. Let's get out of here before he awakes."

The two walked out of the basement and saw Joanne and Ash already talking. Ash was smiling enjoying his conversation with Madam Joanne. Basil stared at Ash's neck but found no bite marks. Edford did the same and gave Joanne a pointed look.