An American In London Town (Leah Williamson)

The cheering of fans was like music to your ears. Arsenal had just beat Chelsea and the fans were quick to let you know how they felt about it.

You clapped your hands, thanking them for their support. Even going to some of them to sign autographs and taking selfies.

After making your way back towards the tunnel, you starting looking for your girlfriend as you hadn't seen her since the final whistle blew.

"Y/N, do you mind if we ask you a few questions?" You see someone from sky sports.

"No, not at all"

You quickly wrap up the interview as you see Leah running towards you. You shake the interviewers hand and wait to catch your girlfriend as she jumps into your arms.

Today was the day that you would meet her family. It was her brother's birthday and she thought it would be the perfect place to introduce you.

You signed for arsenal after playing several seasons with the Portland Thorns and had fell for Leah the moment you met her, which wasn't in London, it was in France during the World Cup. You had met her at a media event during the group stages but didn't really speak to her after the semi final for obvious reasons.

When it was announced that you would be playing in the WSL Leah welcomed you with open arms, she had helped you find an apartment and made sure that you felt part of the team.

After 7 months it was time to meet the parents. Technically you had already met them but that was as Arsenal/USWNT player Y/N L/N not Y/N Leah's girlfriend.

"Good goal baby, you ready to go?"

"Not quite, I have a meeting upstairs"

"Everything ok?"

"Yeah, I will meet you there"

Truth is you had a meeting with your agent and the head of recruitment for Arsenal. You had only signed a one season deal and with the end of the season approaching, you had a decision to make.

Over an hour later you pull up to Leah's parents house, you get her brother's present from the trunk and make your way to the front door.

Do you just walk in or knock, will they even hear you if you knock. You decide to do neither, instead you call Leah.

A few seconds later you comes to the front door.

"You could have come in you know" She tells you.

Leah grabs your hand leading you through her parents house towards the garden.

"Wait, wait" You need a moment to compose yourself.

"Oh my god. Your nervous, aren't you" Leah holds back a little laugh.

"It's not funny, these people are your family Leah and I would like to make a good first impression"

"Well your first impression on them was when you knocked their daughter out of the world cup so..."

You appreciate her trying to make a joke but this was serious to you and she soon realises this when you don't laugh.

"Baby, look at me" she grabs your face "You are the most important person in my life. They know how much I care about you because I talk about you all the time. Just be yourself"

She places a kiss on your lips which causes all the worry and nerves to go away.

"At least you know Jacob likes you" She says referring to her younger brother.

"That's true"

Leah takes you around each family member and introduces you as her girlfriend and you feel as if you have met the entire Williamson family tree by the time you get to her parents.