A World Cup To Remember (Jenni Hermoso)

The World Cup had played a huge part in your relationship with Jenni over the years. You had met her in Canada 2015, asked her to marry you in Paris 2019 and now she was pregnant for the 2023 World Cup in Barcelona.

The USWNT made it to the the final were they would face Sweden in the final at Camp Nou but you didn't want to play.

Due to your circumstances you were allowed to stay at home with Jenni throughout the tournament but she told you that you should be at the hotel with your team the night before the final.

"I don't want to leave you" You admit as you laid on your bed with your head on her stomach "both of you"

"It is one night, we will be fine" Jenni was eerily calm but you knew that meant she was anything but.

"Nino, I need you to stay in their for 48 more hours then I am all yours" you whisper into Jenni's belly.

"He will" Jenni says trying to reassure you.

"You don't know that" you turn so that you are on your back facing the ceiling "What if something happens? What if I miss it?"

This was the second attempt at having a baby, the first pregnancy didn't make it to term. Since then you have been extra protective of your wife and your son. Doing everything possible to make sure you are there for them and that they are safe.

"Y/N your driver awaits" you hear Mapi shouting at she walks through the front door.

"Go away" you shout back as you cuddle into your wife.

"C'mon Y/N Jenni and little Alex are going to be fine. Me and Mapi will look after them" Alexia says.

You mumble something into the Jenni's neck which Alexia cannot understand.

"What was that?"

"I said we are not calling him Alex and I'm not going"

"I thought you would say that which I why I brought a reinforcement" Mapi says sitting on your bed.

You sit up looking at her confused.

"I have come to collect my fellow forward and best friend" You sit up at the sound of Christen's name.

After going back and forth for what felt like forever, your Barcelona and national team mate persuade you to leave.

"I love you" you place a kiss on Jenni's lips "and I love you little one" you place a kiss on her stomach.

"We love you. Now go win a us a world cup"

You begin to walk out but stop when you get to Alexia and Mapi.

"You call me if anything happens" You order your team mates.

That night you barely sleep. It your weren't thinking about Jenni you were thinking about the final.

***************************

At breakfast the next morning your son was the hot topic.

"So she could go into labour at any point?" Kelley asks.

"She isn't due for another couple of days but the doctor said that he is ready" you explain.

"What is she goes into labour during the game?" Alex asks.

This is what you were worried about. You woke up and your gut told you that today was the day, you didn't know why but you have a feeling.

You tense up at Alex's question. All this baby talk was making you anxious and you didn't need any more nerves today.