I Need More (Jenni Hermoso)

2022 showed so much promise but then Barcelona lost in the champions league final, your girlfriend moved to Pachuca then she got injured, your best friend got injured and Spain got knocked out of the euros in the quarter final.

You wanted to go to Mexico straight from England but Jenni told you that she needed time to settle in and get to know her team mates before you came to visit. You hadn't seen her since the game against Italy and now you wouldn't see her until the national camp in September.

As soon you entered the facility in Las Rojas you have an extra pep in your step as you all but ignore your team mates who are in the lobby in favour on going to your room one that, like always, you would be sharing with Jenni.

"Baby, I have missed you" you say as you swipe the key to your room.

You don't see her but you see a bag on the bed closest to the door, the one you always keep empty.

"I saw you yesterday but I missed you to, I guess" Irene replies as she exits the bathroom.

You loved Irene like a sister. The two of you really bonded at the euros with you been room mates for the tournament.

"You're not Jenni" the look of disappointment on you face could no be hidden.

"I overheard Lola swapping the rooms around when I arrived. You should be happy that I was there, they had you sharing with Esther"

You fall back onto the back. The tensions were high in the team at the minute and the relationship between you and Esther was rocky to say the least with the two of you constantly butting heads during the summer.

"This camp is going to be bad Irene, really bad. I don't know how much more I can take"

She takes a seat next to you on the bed.

"We are doing what is best for the team, remember that. Now let's go downstairs so you can see your girl. I'm not having another camp with moody sexually frustrated Y/N"

You can only laugh at her comment.

When you enter the lounge area you feel your body relax when you she Jenni. She is sat with some of your Barcelona team mates. It frustrated you a little bit, the fact that she didn't come see you after she unpacked but you choose to let it go knowing that you are probably overthinking it.

You reach for her shoulders placing a quick kiss on her hairline. You take a seat next to her and the pressure you were feelings minutes ago vanish. You had Jenni back even if it was only for just over a week.

"Hey that's my seat" Lola says as she approached the table, two coffees in hand.

"Take another one Lola. I haven't seen Jenni in months" you plead.

"Neither have I, I have missed my best friend" Lola replies clearly not wanting to back down.

This is one of the things you were dreading about this camp. You knew that you would have limited spare time and you wanted to spend every minute of that with Jenni however you knew you wouldn't be the only one wanted this. Jenni moving to Mexico means that it isn't only you she is reunited with but all her friends too.

"Y/N! Irene! Jorge wants to speak to you"

The whole table looks at the you. During the time between the Euros and the start of the Liga F season, the two of you as well as some of the other players voiced your opinion on Jorge's coaching methods and the way he treats the team. You had the teams best interest at heart but he along with some of the higher ups did not see it this way this leading to a rather tense national camp.