Us - Alexia Putellas

You had been in the most important meeting of your career when you received a message. You never turned your phone off in case there was an emergency but you did put it on do not disturb. The small vibration in your pocket told you 1 of 2 people were trying to get in touch with you. Your manager was in the meeting with you so it only left one person.

I need you, please can you come over.

As far as Alexia was aware you were in England. Your mind went to the worse case scenario because it had to be something bad if she was asking you to get on a plane and fly to Barcelona with no explanation.

In the politest way possible you excuse yourself from the meeting and leave your future in the safe hands of your manager, who upon seeing your face backs your decision to leave without asking any questions.

A quick text is sent to your girlfriend saying that you are on your way but there's no response. You try calling only there is no answer. By the time you get to her apartment building you are filled with worry and you waste no time in running up the stairs having no patience to wait for the elevator.

When you knock on the door you are not met by your girlfriend.

"You're the lion?" The resemblance was even more striking up close. You had met Alba once or you had at least been in the same room as her.

"Technically I'm a lioness"

It makes a little more sense now. No one was aware of your relationship and in order to keep the questions at bay you didn't save each others phone number under a name, instead it was an emoji. Yours was a lion due your national team's nickname and your on pitch persona. Hers was a crown because she was your queen and known by the fans as La Reina.

"Alba let her in" another woman, Alexia's mother, guides you through the apartment even though you have been here enough times to know your way around.

"You're the girl my daughter has been seeing"

"I am and I will happily introduce myself and answer any questions you may have after I have seen her"

"She's in the living room. When we came she was crying and she won't talk to any of us" one of Alexia's best friends says.

It didn't look good. Her mother, sister and best friend all at your girlfriends apartment yet she is refusing to talk to any of them

The three woman give you some space as you enter the living room. All of them hoped that you would have more luck at finding out what was wrong.

"Hello you" you crouch down so that you are at her level and without saying a word Alexia wraps her arms around you tightly. The speed of it almost sends you both to the ground but you steady yourself just in time.

Once on the sofa Alexia buries her face in the crook of your neck.

"How are you here?"

"That doesn't matter. Alexia, what is wrong?"

"They won't leave me alone. It's like they are obsessed with my personal life. I'm happy, why isn't that enough for them? Why do they need to get involved and keep bringing up the past?"

You were at a loss. Yes you were aware of the spotlight that was constantly on Alexia, one was on you as well but you had been dating for almost 2 years now and nobody was the wiser.

"Who cariño?" Eli asks from the other side of the room.

"The girls. They think that because Jenni signed for Atleti that we are going to get back together. We finally got back to a good place during the World Cup and no one seems to understand that we are just friends. We are Y/N, I promise nothing is going on" Alexia turns to look at you.

During the World Cup you saw the rumours and they spread quickly given that everyone assumes Alexia is single. At first it bothered you but the two of you talked about it and you realised that you were jealous for no reason. Alexia was your girl and only yours.

"I know" deep down you hated that she was still getting linked to another woman but it wasn't a threat to your relationship so you let it go.

"They are going to ruin everything. They don't even know and they are ruining—"

"Alexia, nobody is ruining anything. Let your friends talk. At the end of the day it is me and you"

The three other women in the room watched and listened as you talked Alexia through her panic. You were able to calm her and bring her peace in a moment that was very overwhelming for her.

"But Jenni is—"

"Jenni is your past and that cannot be changed. What have I told you?" You ask your girlfriend.

The woman who is still cuddled into your side mumbles something incoherent and you know she is mumbling because she doesn't want the other women to know the words you told her during the summer.

"She's your first love Alexia, I intend to be your last" you kiss the corner of her mouth.

The sound of awes burst the little bubble that you had formed around you and Alexia. Clearly embarrassed, Alexia once again hides herself.

Knowing that the two of you can't ignore the introduction that the women are waiting for, Alexia officially introduces you to Eli, Alba and Miri as her girlfriend.

"What happens now?" Alexia asks you "Do we tell people? I don't want our bubble to break, everything is normal with you. We are Y/N and Alexia but when people find out we will be captains, players and rivals"

"Hey, calm down. They will change but we won't. Do you want to be us normal or what everyone else expects us to be?"

"Us normal"

"Well then I am going to drive you back to your training facility, open the door for you like I always do, I'll kiss you goodbye and then you're going to go to work"

Your confidence was reassuring to all in the room.

Alexia tells you that she is going to freshen up in the bathroom which leaves you alone with three of the most important people in her life. Your media training comes in very handy as you are able to answer all of Alba's and Miri's questions without hesitation or breaking a sweat. However, Eli's question catches you off guard.

"You're the reason why Alexia didn't come back to the room after the awards show in Dubai aren't you?"

"Guilty but nothing happened" technically it was the truth, nothing did happen that night "We spent the night in the hotel bar talking then went to the beach to watch the sunrise"

"Can I ask you a question?" Alba says "If you were in England when you received the text would have come?"

"I would have been on the first flight out, yes"

It seemed to enough to please the younger Putellas because she simply nodded her head.

Once Alexia was ready you did as you said. The two of you drove to Joan Camper, Alexia quizzed you the entire car journey because you still hadn't told her why you were in Barcelona. You open the door for her as expected but what Alexia didn't expect was you to walk with her into the facility.

"I love that you care but you don't have to do this for me, I can handle it"

"Who says I'm doing it for you"

The two of you stop in front of the canteen. It was surrounded by glass windows and you can see the majority of the team eating their lunch.

"Us normal?" You ask Alexia and she nods her head. As you normally would whenever you visited her or she visited you, you kissed her once on the lips and then once on her hairline as she hugged you goodbye.

"Wait! Where are you going?" Alexia asks as you don't go in the direction of the exit.

"You asked how I'm here. Well, I have a job interview with your boss"