Chapter 3

Christopher

The doctor switched his eyes back to his clip board then to me. It's been several minutes of switching back and forth. I wondered what was so shocking that made his jaw dropped to the ground.

"Doc, could you please tell me what the problem is?" I said as politely as I could, though my patience was running thin. "Uh- umm well you see... That's the problem, there is no problem..." I raised my eyebrow, clearly not comprehending what the hell he just said.

The doctor instantly got flustered, making random hand gestures when he noticed my unpleasant expression. "I-I didn't mean it like that Mr Adler! I'm glad you're a very healthy man!" I furrowed my brows, annoyance creeping in by his useless ramblings which caused him to further struggle as he tried to explain himself. He cleared his throat. "What I mean to say is that your previous results showed low chances of your recovery due to the amount of harmful substances in your system, so I'm quite shocked that it now shows to have no problems."

"But I'm glad you persevered Mr Adler! You were very lucky to survive-" I cut him off, having heard enough. "Yes, I understand completely, Doc. May I ask if I'm free to leave now?" The doctor stared at me, eyes as wide as the chest piece of his stethoscope. "Y-Yes you're free to go Mr Adler...!" Without missing a beat, I got off the bed to go change.

Lucky my ass
I rolled my eyes, scoffing at the statement.

☄• ☆ . ° .• °:. *₊° .☆•°. *࿐

I hurriedly rushed out of the hospital, trying my hardest to have less people see me in this ridiculous outfit. Chris' fashion style was questionable on paper, but in reality? It was a crime to humanity.

I looked like the typical 2010s bad boy wearing the black leather jacket, white shirt (sometimes black if he feels like having a personality), silver chain necklace, and satan's creation itself...

Ripped jeans...

Out of all the pants he could've worn... He chose fucking ripped jeans...?! They look awful! Why are people even paying to wear ragged pants? Might as well buy normal jeans and cut holes in them instead of paying extra for shit jeans!

I breathed in and out, calming myself down.

I'll be dealing with this later...

I hailed a taxi and wasted no time rushing in. Before I could tell the driver where to go, my mind was blank. I was once again reminded that I was in a different place from home. I wasn't Christopher Holt living in a small apartment downtown barely making ends meet, I was now Chris Adler who lives god knows where!

I panicked, my mind scrambling for answers through Chris' memories.

Alright let's see... Gas station down the street... McDonald's... Wendy's... Copyright Act of 1976-

"Hey kid! You going somewhere or what?" The driver snapped.

I held back from looking annoyed, trying to remain calm. I put on a pitiful face. "I'm sorry sir, I just got discharged from the hospital and my memory is still quite hazy." I said in the most convincing somber voice I could muster.

I took drama classes back in highschool just in case it comes useful and I'm confident to say it has proven to be useful to me time and time again.

His eyes widened as his face softened. "O-Oh I'm so sorry about that... Take your time kid, no pressure!" I gave him a weak smile.

Ha, still got it.

Now, where was I... Oh yeah! Trademark Act of 1946... Olive garden...