Chapter 4

Christopher

"Mom, what were my parents like?" I asked my mother, staring at her gleaming eyes as her gentle fingers stroked my hair. She smiles, but it didn't quite reached her eyes. "They're good people, Christopher. They've loved you dearly." She said in a light-hearted tone, but her eyes suggested otherwise.

"But you love me too, right?" I already knew the answer, it's been shown to me time and time again. But I still waited patiently for her response, glimmering in hope to hear the warm words for as many times as I could.

She grinned, giving me the genuine smile I know and love. Seeing this smile felt like I've accomplished everything, the feeling couldn't compare to any achievement.

"You already know, my sly little tofu!" She wrapped her arms around me, pulling me into a tight hug, I giggled in her embrace as she attacked kisses all over my face.

"I'll always love you, Christopher."

☄• ☆ . ° .• °:. *₊° .☆•°. *࿐

My heart ached at the memory. Why did I have to remember that now? I understand why she had to lie, I was only young after all. She couldn't have the heart to tell a child that his parents left him because he was unwanted.

She thought I couldn't handle it. She didn't believe me to handle it on my own.

After all, she still left me.

I brushed off those thoughts, not wanting to be emotional of the past anymore.

All I have to focus on is my future.

I let out an exhausted sigh as I twisted the door knob to Chris' room. I was immediately impressed by the interior. I could tell it was expensive by the sheer amount of space and the gigantic chandelier in the middle. I couldn't help but laugh.

How ironic for parents who care jackshit about their son then giving him a room this. As if that's enough to justify their shit.

I sat down on the king size bed as I let out a deep sigh. I didn't want to dwell too much on what happened for I had more important matters to worry about, so I rested my chin on my palm and got down to thinking.

Surely I'm just dreaming, a situation as absurd as this only happens fiction. I mean, they had an entire genre dedicated to it.

All I have to do is either wait or wake myself up.

A brilliant idea popped up. I'd have a likely chance of waking up if I confirm this was indeed a dream. I read an article that could help me with that.

I thought long and hard to remember the contents. The numerous articles I've read weren't making it any easier for me, but I thankfully managed to scrap some bits and pieces.

Now all I need to do is check for anything strange.

☄• ☆ . ° .• °:. *₊° .☆•°. *࿐

Why is everything so normal!

I laid on the floor, groaning in despair. I tried everything, from passing a finger through my palm, looking at my reflection, and reading a book, but no matter how hard I tried nothing worked.

No... The article was wrong! I can't remember its sources therefore it's invalid! Yeah! It most likely came from Wikihow anyways! This is definitely a dream!! All I have to do is wait until I wake up in the real world!

I immediately got up, pacing back and forth with my hands gripped to my hair. I looked around the room to look for anything suspicious, but I found nothing, it all looked vividly realistic.