Chapter 8

In total darkness, there sat a drunken man with blood on his hands. As he gripped on the steering wheel, he stared in horror at the blood splattered on his windshield. He had just run over a person- no, it could possibly be because of his intoxicated mind but it didn't look like just one person, it was multiple people. He didn't know the exact number and he didn't care, he just knew he had to get out of there. No one would know it was him, right? Even if he got caught, he knew they'd take care of it, no matter how much they'd wish him dead.

Afterall, protecting the family name was more valuable than wanting him dead.

Christopher

I jolted awake, sweat dripped down my forehead as I recalled the horrid dream still fresh in my mind. It was a scene from the beginning of 'Forever Mine', and with that realization, the events of when I was drunk came flooding in.

With an alcohol filled mind, I almost proceeded with the idea of driving drunk.

That was where it began, after the incident, Chris got beaten up by Archer the very first time they met. As expected from a shitty book, it wasn't explained whatsoever so I had to put two and two together. I predicted the people Chris ran over were important to Archer, but people like that were never mentioned or shown. But whatever it was,

That's where Archer's unrelenting grudge began.

With the bits and pieces of my memories, everything that had happened last night all lined up in the book's plot.

The beginning of my demise.

With the odds stacked against me, I had to accept that this was now my reality. There was nothing I could do. I've almost ruined my life by continuing to be in denial, it'll only dig my own grave.

The only thing I could do to save myself was divert from the original plot as much as possible, but considering that voice was involved in triggering that event, I would be nothing but a defenseless ant being controlled against its will by a parasite, leading to its eventual death.

But wait... The voices are gone and I'm not being controlled, it would've only stopped if the plot point had happened... So why-

Before being able to dive deeper, I heard a sudden harsh swing of the door. I immediately sat up straight as I silently stared at Allan who was staring back with hostile eyes. As much as I was glad to see my best friend who I haven't seen in so long, I wasn't so glad with the fact he's glaring as if I've personally offended him.

"Ahem..." He cleared his throat, breaking the silence first. I sat up straight, listening attentively to what he's about to say.

"What're you doing in my room?"

"Oh, so this is your room? Well I don't have an answer to that since I was drunk."

"Archer brought you here and I wouldn't have agreed if I knew it was you!"

"Archer...?" I questioned, my mind went to a sudden halt.

Could he possibly be referring to Archer Clint, the annoying over the top male lead?

He scoffed, glaring intensely. "You remember that guy?! The one you stole from!!" He yelled, veins popping out of the corner of his temples. "You're even wearing his hoodie! God that naive idiot!"

No, there's no way that's the case! Archer and Chris never met at a party...

And he wears leather jackets...! Not hoodies!

"Calm down, your blood pressure will rise." I said with genuine concern. He tends to get high blood pressure considering how much alcohol he consumes, but my words instead added more fuel to the fire.