Chapter 9

"I swear... this is the last time." I declared as I continued chugging down my tequila.

"You said that last year." Antonio commented, taking small sips from his beer.

"Cmon Nio! This guy right here!" Allan grabbed me by the shoulder, ruffling my hair. "Is the valedictorian! So he sure as hell deserves a drink!" He announced excitedly and I couldn't help but let out a light chuckle.

"I still don't know how you did it, you do nothing but complain bout how you picked the wrong major." Daniel remarked smugly as he bottle-fed Allan more alcohol.

Antonio chimed in. "It's strange for someone with a mindset of a sixty year old who complains about everything to then choose computer science."

"You're the sixty year old here, Nio. You're the one who plays bingo every Sunday while blasting your grandpa's playlist." Daniel quipped, showing off his annoying smirk. Antonio let out an amused smile, taking no offense to his statement.

I shrugged as I laid on the floor, balancing the tequila bottle on my stomach, feeling it rise and drop at each breath. "I don't know man, I heard being a patent lawyer pays well. I just need either a science or engineering degree, I supposed it was just a random guess."

Allan jumped up, roughly swinging his tequila bottle. "What the hell man?! That was on a whim? I followed you cause I thought you knew best!"

"You followed him on a whim too." Antonio remarked calmly.

Allan stomped as he scoffed. "Whatever! Just don't over do it, all right asshole? It's already hard to contact you as is!"

"You're aiming wrong Allan, Tof's right here." Daniel positioned him right below me as he was still drunkenly swinging, his grip on the bottle dangerously loose."

"Daniel you asshole! Are you trying to get me killed!?"

"Oh I like the sound of that, then I'd get to be valedictorian."

Fumbling to get up, I scooted away from those pricks. "As if...! Fucking asshole..." I mumbled, holding my tequila bottle close to my chest as I stared at my prick of a best friend wearing his stupid smug face.

Daniel approached me. "Just listen to Allan, alright you money hungry asshole? We don't want to lose you over a career."

"And though convenient, we also don't want you laying dead especially when you have the blood pressure of a sixty year old." He took away my empty bottle and handed me a new one.

"Yeah yeah whatever..." I scoffed as I chugged down my fresh tequila, the sweet taste instantly putting a smile on my face. With the room filled with our laughter, silence was never found as we drank the night away, anticipating for tomorrow where I get to share this huge milestone with my family.

☄• ☆ . ° .• °:. *₊° .☆•°. *࿐

"So I was right."

I flinched, whipping my head to the voice. I stared in shock at his distant cold eyes piercing my conscience. I stood speechless as my brain was trying to rack up the right words.

"Daniel I... I didn't know-"

"No it's fine! I'm just a replacement, this isn't the first time. I just hoped it wasn't so soon." My face fell in guilt, eyes shaking as I tried to speak. He turned to leave, not bothering to hear me out.

"No Daniel just stay! I'll leave!" Daniel's eyes shot open as he was taken aback by my sudden words. I swiftly turned to their coach. "Coach... I don't want to cause any more trouble, I-"